1/4 mile mk2 Ibiza times

jamesg

my best on saturday was 15.6 @90mph. think thats ok for me. didnt strip out the car. took out the sub but left all else in. might strip the car out next time to see what difference it makes.
did manage to make the service indicator come on though.
saw a fast mk3 running a 14.5
and a mk2 8v running 17's.

Chris111

Flying Banana!
Feb 28, 2005
Leicester
I might be able to make the 22nd of this month in my 20vt as i may be getting a remap this week. Ran yesterday at redline rumble and managed a 16.1 but the starts are hard to gauge at pod.

Would like to get into 14's with a remap, though that may be abit optimistic seeing as my tyres have shot it.

Would be interesting to run against a mark 2?

Tshuva

May 12, 2004
jamesg said:
my best on saturday was 15.6 @90mph. think thats ok for me. didnt strip out the car. took out the sub but left all else in. might strip the car out next time to see what difference it makes.

Did you modify your car? Or is it standart?

pint_of_stella

Sep 24, 2004
Woking, Surrey
jamesg said:

what car? if its a 16v your making my 1/4 mile skills look bad! :(

pint_of_stella

Sep 24, 2004
Woking, Surrey
Chris111 said:
I might be able to make the 22nd of this month in my 20vt as i may be getting a remap this week. Ran yesterday at redline rumble and managed a 16.1 but the starts are hard to gauge at pod.

Would like to get into 14's with a remap, though that may be abit optimistic seeing as my tyres have shot it.

All the best, but I don't think you'll hit the 14's - from what i've seen, low 15's is a good time in a remapped 20vt.

NealyCupra

Mar 10, 2005
Widnes
Chris111 said:

this isnt you is it mate?

Il run next time once my exhaust is fitted - dam your car must be top heavy if you can only run 16s in a 20vt!!!

15052005053.jpg

Chris111

Flying Banana!
Feb 28, 2005
Leicester
yeah thats me. looks like i was just going back to the main car park after my run. it was loaded with beer for a friend, which couldn't of helped. lol! i got crap starts as well. need more practice.

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
my 0 - 60ft time in my 1.4 was 2.6 or 2.7s, but they're easier to launch. A Jabba'd Vrs struggled to beat that if my memories correct that day, but gearing is totally different.

Did anyone go on the weekend? I opted out of Sunday due to the forecast. Heard a report that it rained on and off.

jamesg

Tshuva said:
Did you modify your car? Or is it standart?

its a 2.0 16v cupra.

8.5mm HT Leads.
Custom backbox.

not much really, what times are other 2.0 16v running?

My best was because i had an issue with a highly modified civic that i was always so close to beating.

jamesg

where did you run that time?
Ive heard a few people complaining about the pod.

any mods?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
jamesg said:
where did you run that time?
Ive heard a few people complaining about the pod.

any mods?

the pod ? if you get the right date (after main event) you'll be lucky to find better

you wanna try shakespeare raceway :redface:

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
jcs356 said:
Ran my Ibiza down the sprint at GTi International at the weekend - first time it has been timed since I stripped it for the track. The old figures were 9.29 & 16.78 - these have now gone down to 7.86 0-60 & 16.08 for the 1/4mile. Not bad for an 8v - and just shows how much difference the lack of weight makes!

Just dug this thread up, thinking of going Pod again. Interesting to see I also got a 16.78 as my best time. My mates 16v also got the same best time as Pint_of_Stella, 16.2. I'm a nerd I know, anyone thinkin of going Pod anytime soon or done anymore 1/4 miles?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.