1/4 mile performance figures for TDIs

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
i tried this in my car earlier on and the limiter kicks in at 5200, just as a matter of questio does any one else get that lovely banging popping sort of sound when the car hits the limiter? my car often does this in 1st and second gear as it just spins so much? sounds amazing and i atso have a full non res system (miltek)

FabiaTDi

VT5 :D
Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Current, Seat Ibiza Sport PD130's share the same gearbox ratio's earlier Skoda Fabia vRS up until the 54 plate (from what I can gather) at some point, when they changed the Ibiza to the FR and changed the gearbox, they did the same with the vRS 6/12 months later.

So anything from say a 04 plate on a Ibiza (aka a FR) has the same gearbox as a 05 plate onward vRS.

Still begs the question, gear ratio's or not, how your car goes strong until 5,500rpm when the limiter is 300rpm before?

I did say nearly 5500! :redface: Point I was trying to make is that with the turbo is how it holds the power well right past 5000. Cheers :)

timbotdi

Oct 18, 2006
When I had my VT2 installed, and ECU updated, the rev-limiter was raised to approx. 5500rpm so that 60mph in 2nd gear is attainable...

I seem to remember Mike's, soon to be twin-turbo, beast revs into the 6000s, although that is 16V.

T

T. Spark

I did say nearly 5500! :redface: Point I was trying to make is that with the turbo is how it holds the power well right past 5000. Cheers :)

Haha, I wasnt having a dig matey, was interested to see if you had riased the limiter as I have heard from 3 or 4 tuning companys that is usless and will cause damage.

Personally id say 5k rather than 5.5k :)

Im going to go for a VT5 hopefully with injectors, propane and a dash of NOS

FabiaTDi

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Haha, I wasnt having a dig matey, was interested to see if you had riased the limiter as I have heard from 3 or 4 tuning companys that is usless and will cause damage.

Personally id say 5k rather than 5.5k :)

Im going to go for a VT5 hopefully with injectors, propane and a dash of NOS

Yep, it goes to around 5200 on a quick test this morning lol which was as shade under 95 on the speedo (so late 80s in reality) in third.

Alan Allard did mention to me that they have various maps that can raise the rev limit. I think Alan's daily driver test bed Golf has one of said maps.

You will love the VT5 btw. :)

T. Spark

Yep, it goes to around 5200 on a quick test this morning lol which was as shade under 95 on the speedo (so late 80s in reality) in third.

Alan Allard did mention to me that they have various maps that can raise the rev limit. I think Alan's daily driver test bed Golf has one of said maps.

You will love the VT5 btw. :)

Sounds about right to me then :)

Id be tempted to get a map just to get 60mph out of 2nd... with a 2nd gear launch, good tyres you wouldnt need to change gear! That would get a good time aslong as you had grip!

Where abouts are you from matey? How long you been running a VT5? What is stopping you going for the quoted 260bhp that Allards say the VT5 is good for?

T.

FabiaTDi

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Sounds about right to me then :)

Id be tempted to get a map just to get 60mph out of 2nd... with a 2nd gear launch, good tyres you wouldnt need to change gear! That would get a good time aslong as you had grip!

Where abouts are you from matey? How long you been running a VT5? What is stopping you going for the quoted 260bhp that Allards say the VT5 is good for?

T.

Yes i think mine tops out just over 55 in second at the moment. Annoyingly so.

Fueling is the key to get to 260bhp. I only have stock injectors, no propane or cams etc. The estimate is 220-230+bhp from Allards, but probably slightly conservative and hasnt been on the rollers. Been running the VT5 since last Easter, based in Alcester,Warks.

I'm not too hung up the power figure, although getting curious.

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
lol you would need to change into 4th gear on the strip as tou should be hitting 90 a tad before the line... i do the 2nd gear launch takes some getting used to and a lil worried as to how much rpm to ease the clutch out lol.

martycupratdi

Sep 2, 2004
Kinross, Tayside
BMW 118d or better still the BMW 335d.

Funnily enough I've been looking at a 120D as a possible replacement for my now 3 1/2 yo LC tdi.
But the reality is that I also need to replace my aging V70 and the Beemer isn't really large enough.
Currently looking at an 140 Altea XL and a Mondeo ST estate 155tdci, which was what raised my question about a smaller ( cheaper) project car.

A 320 touring is an option, but newish is probably out of my price range.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
lol you would need to change into 4th gear on the strip as tou should be hitting 90 a tad before the line... i do the 2nd gear launch takes some getting used to and a lil worried as to how much rpm to ease the clutch out lol.

Yeah - you need 4th on the Pod. Even if you found you could do an indicated 95 in 3rd, that high in rev range will not generate as much power as shifting up to 4th when you hit 4700rpm, and riding that wave of power & torque through the 1/4 mile end.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Here's another one for ya...

Mk4 130 sport

Customcode Stage 1 remap
Custom exhaust
Green filter
17's

14.89 @91.5mph

The fastest 5 door Ibiza TDI???

Then had a FMIC fitted and was RR'd at 161bhp atw so 180ish fly

I wouldnt want to spend 3k on mods to gain .5 secs over 1/4 mile??? maybe its just me?:confused:

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
My car is in at the moment having a custom single pass fmic made on it, hopefully they will put this into prouction so all you other tdi seat ibiza owners can benefit from my constant nagging at several companies to make one of these still in the fabricating stage at the moment but should be made tested and my car re-mapped to benefit from the increased cooling will let you all know how it turns out with some photo's when its finished its costing quite alot so it better be worth it lol going to book it in for mid jan for injectors polished and ported head and ANOTHER re-map haha!!

Sorry devonutopia dunno if you missed my question earlier on about the cams, did they make any difference??

My car doesn't seem to rev past 5000rpm at the moment :s have been told this is due to the injectors running out of steam, also was told by a friend that is a technician for vag cars that revving a diesel to the limit is a really bad idea and its the best and quickest way to blow up the turbo that aside when i get my injectors in jan i will ask jabba to try and raise the limit so i can hit 60 in 2nd as thats my only problem with the car at the moment 2 gear changes to get to 60 which kills the 0-60times

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
the thing with 1/4 mile is getting off the mark sometimes the less power the faster the 1/4 mile time, my 1/4 mile time is 14.62 and when was at a stage 1 remap i was running 15.3 but the car is much quicker now with the hybrid turbo but the time is not effected drastical as it spends most its time spinning lol.... i would like to try one of allards intercoolers to see if there would be any better cooling and less smoke with the larger cooler. then injectors he he...

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
My car is in at the moment having a custom single pass fmic made on it, hopefully they will put this into prouction so all you other tdi seat ibiza owners can benefit from my constant nagging at several companies to make one of these still in the fabricating stage at the moment but should be made tested and my car re-mapped to benefit from the increased cooling will let you all know how it turns out with some photo's when its finished its costing quite alot so it better be worth it lol going to book it in for mid jan for injectors polished and ported head and ANOTHER re-map haha!!

I bet whatever FMIC you fit i will not be better then the Seat Sport FMIC so i hope your spending to much of your money on this thing which then Pro Alloy will continue to sell for a profit.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
I bet whatever FMIC you fit i will not be better then the Seat Sport FMIC so i hope your spending to much of your money on this thing which then Pro Alloy will continue to sell for a profit.

To be honest mate i don't mind how much it costs aslong as my intake temps are kept to a reasonable level, i think it will be much better than the seat sport one as it will have a bigger core and will also be single pass which is the most effective way for a fmic to work but we will see i have told them if the intake temps aren't drasticly reduced that they can take it straight off and they have agreed to this, oh and its not pro alloy :-o hows your car running anyway mike?? still regret not getting the same car as you have now

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise