1.4 TSI FR Resonator / Front Silencer Delete. Any ideas?

Jun 29, 2019
Woking
Hi Forum,

Looking at making my little 1.4TSI FR a bit louder, I've seen a few videos online of resonator deletes on the 1.4 6J Cupras and FRs and they sound quite good!

Only problem is finding a place that can manufacture the pipe. I'm happy to fit it myself (as i've done with my previous VAG cars) With my old one, eBay had me covered!

I've found the exact pipe I need on supersprint's website: https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/s...-fr-14-tsi-150-hp-2010-/front-pipe-v8.aspx#!/ Only problem is that its £180! that's ridiculous for a bit of pipe...

p.jpeg

So does anyone know where I can get something like this made for a bit less? Happy to pay for shipping if they are not local (Surrey). The required diameter of the centre pipe is 55mm I believe. (The supersprint one is 60mm and requires step down couplers at both ends).

Thanks in advance,
Freddie

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Have a look an a site like Demon Tweeks for Jetex exhaust parts, they do some straight sections in various diameters?

Jun 29, 2019
Woking
Update:
Managed to find a place near me in Hayes called JC Customs, very good and only cost £140 all fitted! Much better than £180 for just a pipe. Would recommend to anyone who needs exhaust work done.

Reactions: Rooster
Jun 29, 2019
Woking
And what do you think to the result?
It's nice, not too loud and not too quiet. No drone but when you floor it theres much more noise. DSG farts are more noticable now also. Might potentially go for a sportier backbox soon. I'll upload a video at some point.

Apr 8, 2021
- a video of the end result.

So at the end what was the diameter you fit for the pipe, I’m looking forward to do this but I just want to double check before getting the work done, I know it’s been 2 years+ since you post this thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk