12 months tax on cupra?

DavieCupraTurbo

Got my tax through for the first time the other day, the money grabbing dvla are going to be charging me £205 for 12 months tax. Has anyone else had to pay this recently as didnt think it would be quite that much or is it just a nice big increase they have put on because we dont drive a 1.1 or electric car and chuck out lots of C02 he he ?!

DavieCupraTurbo

I am glad im not the only one to suffer the pain of parting with £205, but just annoys me to think wot am i putting the money towards?i can tell you we are all giving the government more money so they can put up more speed cameras and not fix roads with massive pot holes in them! Worth the money tho as love my cupra!

Jun 29, 2001
Surrey
I'm fairly sure that if the car was registered pre-2001 then the hike in price wasn't as high. What plate is yours on Boris3330?

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Yeah but no way around not paying it.

Government will fleece us whatever way they can!

They tax our wages, they tax the things we spend our wages on!

DavieCupraTurbo

Thats strange boris how did you manage that?its defo £205, maby its got something to do with year of registration?wots ur reg?the tax banding is crazy my mates got an vr6 corrodo and he only paid £180 the other week and surely you would think his car is producing far more Co2 being 2.9 6 cylinder and thats what the government tend to base it on?

DavieCupraTurbo

Everyone on Y reg upwards defo seems to be paying more tax, agree with forbez they will fleece us wotever we do, we must be the highest tax paying nation in the world!

DavieCupraTurbo

When i was off on my travels in austrailia last year, in some states there road tax gives them 3rd party insurance, so no of them get insurance over there and get big muscle cars or jap cars and still pay less than half on petrol!A friend out there had a scooby wrx and paid just £250 in our money to tax it and was just 20!Just imagine if you got insurance as part of your road tax here dread to think how much they would charge us?!

seli_babe

Don't Mess....
Nov 22, 2005
Bedfordshire
pre April 01 is £188 for the yr.... anything after is £205... sorry guys who got the newer ones...

Mine runs out end of june... £99 for 6 months.. plus fixing my car to get it on the road in the first place is going to kill me this month... to top it off it seems my bank account has gone tits up as my wages haven't gone in... so am now majorly in debt :cry:

Last edited:

DavieCupraTurbo

Just clicked on the link about car tax thanks im gutted any cupra registered from march 2001 onwards gets taxed £205 for 12 months and any cupra registered before that date gets charged £180 for 12 months tax, :( seems so unfair!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.