17705 fault code at idle

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
I wonder if it would give anything to a maxed out K03s or is it jsut an overkill. People say that you can't get out more than 245 hp from that turbo. After WMI install and timing change power would increase - would that be deadly to a turbo or is it not connected at all? :/

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I wonder if it would give anything to a maxed out K03s or is it jsut an overkill. People say that you can't get out more than 245 hp from that turbo. After WMI install and timing change power would increase - would that be deadly to a turbo or is it not connected at all? :/

Not connected. By change the timing you get more power per piston stroke - using the same volume of air. I can change my timing back to 0 advance and still run 220g/s. Advancing the timing does not change the air flow. It will also do you a big favour on a maxed out turbo in controlling egts and intake temps. My intake temps are around 25-30*c lower than before fitting WMI after a trashing.. 15*c instead of 42*c!

Longy82

Jan 9, 2014
West yorkshire
Hi there hope you don't mind me asking but how do you reset the tb using that vagcom thing? Just I'm having the same problem with the 17705 code the code comes on soon as u start the car then into limp mode once driving it but after turning car off and back on its ok but the code is still there I've replaced few pipes and just bought a 007p dv but was just wondering what u need for this vagcom ect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longy82

Jan 9, 2014
West yorkshire
It suppose to be mapped mate but no proof just wanted to try get it sorted before I put fmic and de cat pipe then another remap :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members