17705 - Pressure Drop betw. Turbo and Throttle Valve

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Yes I know there are lots of threads about this! But found a thread on briskoda.net where a chap pointed this out:

"I've now sorted this. Turns out that it is a pipe, which on mine was hidden behind the sump guard. Its one of those pipes with a metal bit on the end that slots into another metal pipe and is secured by a spring clip. The older ones have hollow, bent out metal lugs. Mine had been damaged, either when they fitted the engine or when the sump guard was fitted. It wasn't popping off, but it was shifting which led to a pressure loss."

I guess it's a Octavia VRS, but does the Cupra R has the same sort of pipe?

Whole thread here: http://briskoda.net/octavia-i/7798/print.html

Personally, I dont have the error code at the moment, I guess its dues to +5 nights.
But I have a boost leak somewhere, and I cant really find it!

Best regards,

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
To bad the pictures in that thread dont work.

i dont really understand where that hose his that he means

(i had this code too, but now with the warmer weather i have not had it anymore ????)

May 13, 2007
Denmark
Yes it sucks that the pictures are missing! :eek:( I only had the fault myself, when I started the car from dead cold on mornings where the night had been below 5+ celcius.

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
Yes that is exactly what i had too.

Did you also notice that the turbo does not work right ? and when u turn the ignition off and on the turbo is working again ?

BBoy82

Dan the compressor man...
Oct 25, 2008
East Northants
Going into limp mode after cold start below +5 is a software feature to stop you warping the turbo shaft by ragging it on cold mornings. Its quite well documented on here somewhere, and it can be overcome. Cant remember how off the top of my head, but its here somewhere!

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
Omg, You are the first one to say that ?

So you say it is done with perpose ? thats a little weird because to get the car running normal again u have to switch it off and on ! thats little weird when you are on the speedway !

Somebody else knows something about this ?????????

Plus : Why would it generate a fault code ????

Last edited:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Funny this has just popped up as my car went into limp mode this morning, bought no EML light on but I could see on guage it was only boosting to 5psi so I plugged code reader in and it says 17705 Connection turbocharger -throttle valve pressure hose.

Reset the code, started car up and now boosts to 10psi again :confused:

I can't see the pics on the skoda forum but this seems to give the best description

"Sits between turbo and intercooler. You have a right angle bit of hose that comes up from the turbo and connects to a 3" pipe that runs along the back/top of the engine (pipe from that goes to the DV). It then goes down toward the pancake pipe that sits in the osf front wheel arch. The pipe in question sits between the pancake pipe and the one that goes over the top of the back of the engine.

I noticed mine as I was taking the sump guard off. The pipe was all covered in oil."

I see the faulty pipe in question has been updated to one that has a better connection

06A 145 790C

Is this likely to have the same part code from the Seat dealers as the Skoda dealers?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.