2.0tfsi cupra - 08 noise at low speed

Dudelliot

Oct 4, 2019
Having a noise sounding like grinding or scratching. The car only makes the noise when after startup i drive it and at a certain speed it gives this noise once. After that nothing more until i stop the car and turn it of and back on again and start drivning. Dosnt happen if i just stop the car. Need to turn of and on again. Happens every time and has been for a year now. Dosnt matte which gear im in. Any ideas?

Reactions: Brimfull

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Have you checked to see if its a binding caliper which starts to stick after a little bit of heat has built up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dudelliot

Oct 4, 2019
Havnt checked that. How can i check it. Its really weird cause Its at The exact same speed every time :/

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Go for a drive and see if any of the calipers are giving off more heat than the others, you will feel the heat, smell the heat or sometimes even see the brake disk glowing.

Have alook at the pads to see if any look more worn down than others

Also make sure your obeying the current lockdown laws regarding driving your car out and about, testing to see if you have a sticking caliper isnt one of the exemptions

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Dudelliot

Dudelliot

Oct 4, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I Will check tomorrow. I Will also have a check IF it could be The AC. Living in sweden so can still tune my car and all. :)

Reactions: Brimfull

Dudelliot

Oct 4, 2019
Checked The AC and Its not the villan. Also checked The handbrake because Its not when i stop it will redo this noise when i drive away, Its when i turn The engine of and back on again so shouldnt be The normal breaks? Having a feeling that Its from The engine... Had The noise for over a year (since i bought the car) but going for stage 1 in 2 weeks and gotten a bit worried. If I havnt mentioned it, Its a 2.0tfsi 240hp engine. Any other ideas on what to check?

Dudelliot

Oct 4, 2019
Update: still got no clue on what it is. Tried revving The engine while still but no sound :/

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.