2000 Leon 1.6 8v, Idle and missfire issues

Russ B 69

Having problems with my Leon again. The past five weeks I have had the cam, crank, lambda sensors and temp sender fitted plus new cambelt. Took my car to dealer because it was dropping below 1000rpm when sitting idle and the revs die and the car cuts out. They put it through diagnostics, no faults found. They removed and cleaned the throttle body and carried out basic tests. They could not get it to cut out, they told me to see how I get on with it. It has been ok since getting it back on Wednesday 11/11/09, but today it started cutting out again......

Any idea what it could be, your help and advice would be very much appreciated!!

charlie_j17

Its good to torque!
Nov 11, 2009
BATH
From past experince working with VAG group cars with idle issues its allways been the throttle body at fault. The electronic unit on the side is only there to stablise the idle which is the part that causes the fault and comes complete with the body. A new body and having it calibrated to the car should sort this.
The only thing i find strange is that a faulty throttle body usually puts a fault code in the ECU which would of shown up on the diagnostic check.

Best of luck but ive never known anything else cause idle issues.

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
I had a throttle body clean and a new MAF, this sorted ALL issues.

Really bad varying idle, cutting out, juddery set off.

Jimski

Russ B 69

Thanks for that guy's I appreciate your advice, I will be taking it back to my local dealer on Monday to see if they can sort it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise