2001 Cupra exhaust vs 2003 Cupra exhaust - brief question

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hi all

Just wanted to check something quickly...

Is the exhaust on a 2001 plate (Y plate i think) identical to that on a 2003 52 plate?

I know the early cupras had a k03 and not a k03s, but i think thats earlier than 2001, but I'm not certain.

Anyway, are the exhausts, more specifically, the downpipe/cat the same? I'm selling my standard one and just want to double check it will fit the 2001 plate cupra.

Thanks

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
anyone?
Sorry, not that i'm being impatient, I just don't want the buyer to drive down and collect if it won't fit - but I'm 99% certain it will fit, just need confirmation.

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Looking at the k03s upgrade kits that a+m sell they say

This turbo is an ideal upgrade for 150/180/190bhp longitudinal engine (i.e. Passat, A4 etc) which have the basic K03 turbo. The turbo features a larger inlet, larger compressor, larger main vein, larger exhaust housing & higher boost limits in comparison to the K03 with higher rpm power, increasing peak power and useable powerband.

The Turbo is a direct bolt on for this engine and will fit existing mannifold & downpipe. It does require that 1 vac pipe be blocked (supplied with our fitting kit) and a larger Turbo inlet pipe to accomodate the larger inlet. This can be achieved by buying a VW supplied tip suitable for K03s, Big Bore after market version, or re-machineing of existing tip by 3ml at the end.

So no worries.

Didnt the back bumper change at my03? I.e. will some cutting be required? Sorry, my memories pants.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
excellent mate - never thought to look there. Thanks for the info.

I'm only really worried about the downpipe/cat - as thats the only bit I'm selling. The cat-back bit went in the bin a while back :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members