2002 Leon Cupra Fuel Consumption Figures

Stormflex

Anyone know where I can find the official fuel consumption figures for my 2002 Leon Cupra (petrol)?

Have been hunting around on Google but no joy so far. I'm hoping to find the urban and motorway figures.

Thanks

Rich

Stormflex

I tried there, but will look again.

Cheers

Yeah, just says "33mpg"...

Last edited by a moderator:

Stormflex

Found the numbers for litres per 100km - might have to try and do some sums...

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
normal mixed driving returns 28-31mpg, motorways at 60-70mph will return 33-36mpg, 80mpg returns 31mpg, booting it/hard acceleration/high speed will see low 20's

my trip computer display 2 always shows a figure around 28.8 - 31mpg and I only reset that once every few months so it gives a realistic average.

iandunn1100ss

wisejason normal mixed driving returns 28-31mpg, motorways at 60-70mph will return 33-36mpg, 80mpg returns 31mpg, booting it/hard acceleration/high speed will see low 20's

my trip computer display 2 always shows a figure around 28.8 - 31mpg and I only reset that once every few months so it gives a realistic average.
Today 09:56

The same for me after 3 weeks of ownership.
ian

Stormflex

And the answer is:

Urban = 11.8 l/100km, 23.94mpg

Extra Urban = 6.6 l/100km, 42.80mpg

Combined = 8.5 l/100km, 33.23mpg

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
the only one of those figures that is true is the Urban. Both the Extra Urban and Combined are a little on the high side. The best I have ever seen was on a motorway run of 180 miles with clear traffic doing around 60mph and that was 38mpg.

In the first few weeks of ownership or after mod expect to always be under 24-25mpg average.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Urban fuel consumption (mpg) (cold) defined as: The urban test cycle is carried out in a laboratory at an ambient temperature of 20oC to 30oC on a rolling road from a cold start, i.e. the engine has not run for several hours. The cycle consists of a series of accelerations, steady speeds, decelerations and idling. Maximum speed is 31mph (50 km/h), average speed 12 mph (19 km/h) and the distance covered is 2.5 miles (4 km).

Extra-urban fuel consumption (mpg) defined as: The extra-urban cycle is conducted immediately following the urban cycle and consists roughly half steady-speed driving and the remainder accelerations, decelerations and some idling. Maximum speed is 75mph (120 km/h), average speed is 39mph (63 km/h) and the distance covered is 4.3 miles (7 km).

Combined fuel consumption (mpg) defined as: The combined figure presented is for the urban and the extra-urban cycle together. It is therefore an average of the two other parts of the fuel consumption test, Urban and Extra-urban cycles, weighted by the distance covered in each part.

Stormflex

Agreed, they do seem high - as is the way with most manufacturers quoted economy figures.

I will take these along with the numbers you folks have been suggesting.

Thanks for your input.

Rich

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
Urban fuel consumption (mpg) (cold) defined as: The urban test cycle is carried out in a laboratory at an ambient temperature of 20oC to 30oC on a rolling road from a cold start, i.e. the engine has not run for several hours. The cycle consists of a series of accelerations, steady speeds, decelerations and idling. Maximum speed is 31mph (50 km/h), average speed 12 mph (19 km/h) and the distance covered is 2.5 miles (4 km).

Extra-urban fuel consumption (mpg) defined as: The extra-urban cycle is conducted immediately following the urban cycle and consists roughly half steady-speed driving and the remainder accelerations, decelerations and some idling. Maximum speed is 75mph (120 km/h), average speed is 39mph (63 km/h) and the distance covered is 4.3 miles (7 km).

Combined fuel consumption (mpg) defined as: The combined figure presented is for the urban and the extra-urban cycle together. It is therefore an average of the two other parts of the fuel consumption test, Urban and Extra-urban cycles, weighted by the distance covered in each part.

Basically unlikely figures as there is a never a drive similair to these :p

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.