2007 BTCC Official Entry List - 5 SEATs

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Wonder why he's done that? Superstition?

I'm curious as to who SSUK driver number three is. Yvan Muller doing guest appearances? ;) :p

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
m0rk just texted me, he's spoke to Scott. Who said "Its to keep our options open"

Appears they are registering an extra car just in case. ;)

So does "just in case" mean it ain't certain?

I would love it to be a full-time drive with Rickard Rydell racing. We know he is out at SEAT. Not enough funding. But would he have to fork out the same cash to race for SEAT (BTCC) as SEAT (WTCC)?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
So does "just in case" mean it ain't certain?

I would love it to be a full-time drive with Rickard Rydell racing. We know he is out at SEAT. Not enough funding. But would he have to fork out the same cash to race for SEAT (BTCC) as SEAT (WTCC)?

Just means that if the opportunity arises, and is needed then they could run 3 cars without penalty

they might fill the seat, they might not.

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com

Has Rydell signed elsewhere. I'm not sure he has. To be honest, if BTCC team need help, they could bring one of the WTCC guys over. Tarquini, Muller and GR's O'Brien all have UK experience.

I suspect that wont happen. SEAT have the title to loose.

(888, TD and WSR with new cars)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
lol you mean the 2nd from the right?

I thought so too, so took some 'belly over hot pants' shots

Leon

Jul 29, 2003
Scotland
Someone has posted on the BTCC.net forum that Seat is considering pulling out from the WTCC because they are a bit pissed off, and thats what the 3rd entry is for ?

I would assume that would mean an immediate withdrawal from the WTCC?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I've got some of the SEAT's, but they weren't out as much as some (up until the point I left)

Interesting WTCC theory, but I'm not so sure - after all sponsors will have signed up for 2007
I'd sooner hope they fix the WTCC concept

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Someone has posted on the BTCC.net forum that Seat is considering pulling out from the WTCC because they are a bit pissed off, and thats what the 3rd entry is for ?

I would assume that would mean an immediate withdrawal from the WTCC?

I don't know what it says on the btcc.net forum but according to touringcartimes.com Jamie Puig complained that the Leon is the heaviest and worst aerodynamics package in the series and that the 15kilo penalty for RWD cars is unfair.

But yesterday on the site Jordi Gene disagreed on Autosport:
I don't think we have to focus our attention on the weight reduction for BMW. Reality showed that it wasn't so decisive in Brazil, or at least not as decisive as a lot of other little details that allowed BMW to win. Last weekend, with front-wheel drive, it was impossible to be better than fourth or fifth because BMW adapted better than anyone to the conditions and obtained an advantage. For the time being, BMW are two steps ahead of everyone else, but I'm sure that as the season continues, all of us will reach a similar point.

For now I am considering it unlikely they will leave the WTCC and that any third entry in the BTCC is due to a withdrawl.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.