2009 Mk2 Leon facelift.

HuckingFell

Red Rules
Jan 22, 2009
Leicester
I to think it looks slightly worse than the current model, which I'm actually glad about, by the time I come to buy I should be able to get a a pretty reasonable deal on a six month car, hopefully a nice candy white fr! Having said that the new interior looks nicer!!

Maximus2000uk

Id like a dealers perspective on what I'm about to say, but surely this facelift is actually coming at the wrong time for SEAT.

The used market is full of almost new (less than 1000 miles) Leons, and their prices are already shrinking rapidly. I paid £14,000 for mine which was £5,000 off what it was new - mine had 2,500 miles on though, but quite a few extras. Nowadays, and from the same dealer, I can get pretty much the same deal, but with less miles, for £11,000. Surely the release of the facelift, whenever it happens, is only going to harm these residuals even further.

I remember reading last year that Mitsubish refused to allow dealers to order the facelifted Shogun, until they had sold their allocation of the non-facelifted version, thus attempting to retain residual prices. I wonder if SEAT will consider doing likewise.

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
Ugly steering wheel...

I like the Alloys , but I think the design / finish of the steering wheel looks awful !

The flat-bottomed bit is OK but the rest is :sick: !

Looks like straight from the new ibiza...we are going backwards here people, - as one of you mentioned ealier in this thread, that bean-counters have taken over !

Where is the passion ?

And what's the story with the giant door mirrors ??? :blink:

Last edited:

Tony D

The front bumper looks awful. I wouldn't buy the car purely based on that. The current one looks much better.

Be very interested to see what the new Cupra will look like but if I want a diesel that won't be an option.

I like most of the other changes but the front bumper really doesn't do it for me at all.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
I like it, but I still like the current one too......... Not so sure on the front bumper, the current cupra style one looks best imo, with the balck centre section.
The seats look like alcantara in the red section which would be nice. The radio looks like it could be fitted to the current model if the need arrises too, looks much nicer.
All in all its subtle upgrades, a good car slightly improved:clap:

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
The front doesn't look any better or worse to me I'm just glad they haven't ruined the look of the already stunning exterior. Nice & understated.

The important thing is that they've addressed the horrid & cheap looking interior & I think the changes made there (where you spend most of your time with the car) are by far & wide the most relevant. It looks much better already. I don't think it will lose any of it's key features either or that would just be a really bad decision or their behalf. They should certainly make sports pedals standard on the FR upwards & also maybe provide a cheaper option of having the interior leather as £1,500 was way too much to ask before. I also hope that they provide a better quality stereo or at least the option of a better upgraded one.

It's good that they've increased your vision & the area/size of the back window as well.

The Common Rail Diesel engine change is a very welcome surprise for us TDI lovers! :)

All in all I think the front end aint too bad & if it didn't grow on you, you could maybe just get one fitted off the old model if it would still fit?

Mogster

Apr 2, 2008
I think the exterior looks OK but I'd really need to see it in person, the interior looks a lot better. If that's the standard radio (I suspect not) then the display is a big improvement in the looks department. I frequently have people get into my car and comment on the bizzarely huge text on the current radios LCD display...........

I was a bit concernd, the Leon Mk2 is the only SEAT I've ever liked the look of and from the pap photos it looked like they were going to change it to be more in line with the Ibiza. So a cautious thumbs up.

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Any mention if the "projector" style headlights are standard now to bring it inline with the audi's etc? or is the style still reserved for the hids?

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
RNS units have nav. Would be surprised if the standard offering was had nav!

But look here (taken from first page of this thread)
main.php

It does have nav!

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
But that's not necessarily the standard unit

I never said it was! lol As I've stated elsewhere the standard unit will either be the current one of something like the RCD310.

But at the end of the day, as long as you can rip it out and put something else in. I'll be happy.

Also the Sat Nav pictured above hopefully won't be as expensive and option as the MFD3 (RNS510)

ianltd

Aug 31, 2008
Powys
I gotta agree, it looks sort of a bit pants!

IMHO I don't think they could do a fat lot to improve the look of the current MK2 anyhow, the whole lot flows from front to back, and it looks right from every angle - there isn't too many cars you can say that about is there?:D

Cheers Ian