2016 Sat nav upgrade

Pitch590

May 5, 2018
I'm not sure if it's been posted before but I haven't been able to find it in the searches.
I've only found upgrades to the Alpine head unit which doesn't look great if I'm honest!

I have a 2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 (pre facelift) so the satnav feels a tad outdated with the 8 buttons on the sides.

Does anyone know if you can put the 2017/2018 satnav/head unit with the two buttons on the side in? As they're relatively easy to find on eBay.

Thanks!

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
The 8" screen can be fitted, you have to cut some of the plastic on the aperture so that it will fit, you cannot fit the later surround/vents.
You may need to update the software so that you can select the new tiles menu.
The part number for the screen is 5F0 919 606.
BTW the screen is just a screen, the nav unit is in the glovebox.

wolverine_uk

Oct 18, 2018
Do you know what MIB unit you have ?
Take a pic and post it. Clicking settings and going to system info as you'll need an MIB 2 fitted

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

wolverine_uk

Oct 18, 2018
It should be I agree, if it is an 8inch screen will fit in the place of a 6inch as I've done it myself but it will need some of the trim behind the screen trimming and a software upgrade that you wont get from the dealer. I bought mine from a seller on ebay.

Pitch590

May 5, 2018
It should be I agree, if it is an 8inch screen will fit in the place of a 6inch as I've done it myself but it will need some of the trim behind the screen trimming and a software upgrade that you wont get from the dealer. I bought mine from a seller on ebay.

How do you get the software upgrade if the dealer won't give it to you? (no surprise that they wouldn't!)

Pitch590

May 5, 2018
So I have this screen and wanted to see if this screen (5F0 919 606) would fit basically!

Attachments

• IMG_9084.jpg
    IMG_9084.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 162
  • s-l1600-21.jpg
    s-l1600-21.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 158

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
So I have this screen and wanted to see if this screen (5F0 919 606) would fit basically!
Yes it will, yours is MIB2 Std unit, you will of course have to modify the aperture where the screen fits, doesn't show when the screen is in situ. Not sure if your software will need updating, maybe wolverine_uk knows?

Pitch590

May 5, 2018
So in what way do I need to modify the aperture? will I need new trim or something, wish it was as easy as taking it out and putting the new one in. I just don't want to ruin my car haha :p

Pitch590

May 5, 2018
This is amazingly helpful, thanks!!!

So it's just the software, so if I'm on software 0351, what do I need for this screen to work and how do I find/download that software?
I have apple car play so I'm not worried about having the latest maps as I use google, just need to know what I need for it to work! :D
cheers

Reactions: ghostbustertab

Pitch590

May 5, 2018

What software update do I need to look for on eBay? I can't work out what version number I need?

wolverine_uk

Oct 18, 2018
Just looked he's no longer on ebay, not sure where else you can get it from. I'll take a pic tomorrow show you what you need to be on.

Oct 1, 2019
Leeds
Hi, I'm looking to do the exact same to my seat leon. Did you manage to get it fitted? If so could you let me know how you managed to do this. I have a tech pack FR and want to fit the new facelift 8 inch screen. Thanks