225 cupra r steering wheel

CHRIS87

Jul 12, 2009
i have found my self a cupra r 225 steering wheel, which is quite worn - has anyone every had a steering wheel refurbished / leather replaced? how much does it cost?

also has anyone ever removed / replaced the badge at the bottom of the wheel?

cheers chris

Last edited:

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
i have found my self a cupra r 225 steering wheel, which is quite worn - has anyone every had a steering wheel refurbished / leather replaced? how much does it cost?

also has anyone evrry removed / replaced the badge at the bottom of the wheel?

cheers chris

i would like to know this also

mattdavies

Pre-Facelift Bumpers FTW
Jan 24, 2009
Maidenhead
If you look in the readers ride section, there is a build thread by Jake in the last two page of it he re-furbs his LCR wheel. Take a look at that.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Steering wheels are quite expensive to recover, something like £130-£150.

If you want to try and restore it a bit, try shampoo (hair shampoo!) and an old tootbrush, then some leather cream.

If it's the colour that's coming off/worn through either try Jake's method or maybe look to cobblers for some leather products?

The badge does actually come straight off, but I think you'll knacker the badge and the surrounding leather if you tried!

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
can you fit the later multifunction wheels like this one on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seat-leon-ibi...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item45f0c78ac2

!Bg8J++wCGk~$(KGrHqEH-CcEsLHsEvoMBLHCYHqls!~~_35.JPG

I am not interested in the multifunction switches - just after the ergonomic steering wheel without losing the airbag

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
anyone know if they fit looks as if i could remove the multifunction switch and fit my original airbag - maybe I am wrong let me know

CHRIS87

Jul 12, 2009
can you buy the little badges from the bottom of the 225 wheel?

cheers chris