4 tyres and fitting for £100 is that a bargain or what ?

RachIbiza

Jeremy Kyle is my idol
Apr 3, 2008
Portsmouth
i had T1R's on my corolla, twice! i loved them but very poor in the wet i found the avons better all round and they should last longer! :) i'd also like to know what those other ones are like too when you've done more than 600 miles - see what they last like :)

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
I think the Proxes 4 are actually a step down from T1Rs in terms of stickiness? I think they are just meant to be a little harder wearing. Mine are holding up quite well, had them put on just before my stage 2 map as well, so thye have had a little abuse. They are undoubtedly better than the Lexani hedge-finders that were on it when I bought it!!! lol
Cheap tyres are just dangerous on cars like these.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
very true ma friend

i consider the T1R's very good in the wet and quiet for low profile...but then again i can only compare them to the PZero's which i couldn't talk over if i would travel on motorways

Aimez

Interesting hearing about different tyres I was thinking of going for T1Rs when my GDS3F1s are worn out but you ahve slightly put me off now saying they don't last long. I think Goodyear have different tyres as F1 are very hard to find think they are phasing them out WHY?! I know my tyres are excellent so many people mention they are great, the man who delivered them the man the fitted them for a start.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
problem with tyres is that you have to run em at the right pressure...my PZero's i used to have to run at 31/32 psi to get any grip around bends, whereas i can run my T1R's at 34/35 psi (on standard map) and they're decent. although my T1R's are 215/40 as opposed to 205/45, these feel much grippier, and now with a stage 1 i can run them comfortably at 33/34 psi and still very grippy

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
I think Goodyear have different tyres as F1 are very hard to find think they are phasing them out WHY?!

i think they eventually begin phasing out due to new technologies and to keep cost price low...they don't want to keep manufacturing an old tyre with a new one coming out every so often otherwise they'd be producing too many varieties and not be able to cover the costs as well as they could be by chucking out an old design

Aimez

i think they eventually begin phasing out due to new technologies and to keep cost price low...they don't want to keep manufacturing an old tyre with a new one coming out every so often otherwise they'd be producing too many varieties and not be able to cover the costs as well as they could be by chucking out an old design

yeh but they don't seem to say 'our new tyre 'insert name' replacing the F1' so I don't know what to buy that is the new version.

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
im on proxi4's and they are very good in the dry, never normally push it in the wet though because all i get is the little traction control light having a fit! more than likely down to the torque than the tyre though.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
The inner wear would more than likey be due to the toe in/out rather than camber.
And don't skimp on tyers!

I just hope that you are right about it not being due to camber/caster error as that eats the inner edge quite quickly and costs a bit more to correct than "toe". Toe error tends to put an "edge" on the tread that you can feel by running your hand along the tread (in the direction of travel).

DScape

Dubbed
Apr 9, 2007
Derby
www.yeomansinc.co.uk
I had my BFG's replaced the other day for Uniroyal Rainsport 2's @ ~£70 a corner fitted; more than happy with them, highly recommended.

What were these £100 tyres? I'm quite curious. I'm sure they'll do you until the new wheels; just don't be over adventurous in the corners. :drive1:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Inner front tyre wear on the Mk4 is usually caused by a worn lower wishbone bush.

I don't despute that wrecked voided bushes will cause the wheel to move about and maybe wear unevenly - but my proper inside edge "chamfering" only turned up after these bushes had been changed to Cupra ones - so were the result of "consoles and cross member off" followed by "consoles and cross member back on" followed by four wheel re-alignment! That hurt!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.