4 wheel Alignment - North West - Recommendations ?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Can anyone recommend a good place to take my Ibiza for 4 wheel alignment in the North West ( Somewhere near Preston if possible )

Cheers Dean

AwesomeAl

Sales @ Awesome
Sep 17, 2008
NorthWest
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
Yup, £67.50 + VAT for a 4-Wheel laser alignment on your Ibiza Mk4.
Also where some other companies use a system that sits over the tyre, we use a system that fits onto the wheel so it doesn't matter how low your car is! :)

Hope that helps,
Taa, Al.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Yup, £67.50 + VAT for a 4-Wheel laser alignment on your Ibiza Mk4.
Also where some other companies use a system that sits over the tyre, we use a system that fits onto the wheel so it doesn't matter how low your car is! :)

Hope that helps,
Taa, Al.

Ride height is standard so no issues there.

Do I need to book the car in or can I just turn up ? ( Would want to wait whilst it's done )

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Hi
yes it would need to be booked in
You can wait for it too , we have a nice waiting area too while it is being done ;)
Sarah

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
That just is not the point really, while the rear is fixed, it might have problems (bent beam etc), and the front needs to be centered to the rear as well as other possible small adjustments.

So, four wheel alignment is relevant with these cars as it is with any other car!

One thing I would say though is, make sure all the suspension mounting bushes, swivels,TREs and bearings are okay before getting this done - if not fitted already maybe get Cupra TCA rear bushes.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2007
rum4mo you seem pretty clued up on all this suspension malarky maybe you could help me?

I had coilovers and cupra/ powerflex bushes fitted within 2 weeks of each other back in Feb.

Ever since, the car has pulled left badly, if I let go of the steering wheel it sits to the left by about 30 degrees. Also I have noticed that my FRONT and REAR tyres on the N/S are wearing more quickly on the OUTSIDE, although the rear is more pronounced (could be down to roundabouts, dunno)

The car was laser aligned in Cardiff aafter the work was done.

Yes, there was a slight difference in camber on the fronts (about 0.10 degrees) but both within range.

The rear however was a bit different, (-1.09 on N/S, -1.29 on O/S)

I had none of these problems before it was lowered or new bushes fitted.

What is to the blame - maybe the coilovers are different heights causing the pulling, is the rear to blame, or does the subframe need shifting?? I thougth lowering the rear has no impact on figures as it is fixed.

Any help appreciated

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
That just is not the point really, while the rear is fixed, it might have problems (bent beam etc), and the front needs to be centered to the rear as well as other possible small adjustments.

So, four wheel alignment is relevant with these cars as it is with any other car!

One thing I would say though is, make sure all the suspension mounting bushes, swivels,TREs and bearings are okay before getting this done - if not fitted already maybe get Cupra TCA rear bushes.

Cheers - Yes the Cupra TCA rear bushes are already fitted. Had the car up on ramps a couple of weeks ago and everything seems to be OK

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
rum4mo you seem pretty clued up on all this suspension malarky maybe you could help me?

I had coilovers and cupra/ powerflex bushes fitted within 2 weeks of each other back in Feb.

Ever since, the car has pulled left badly, if I let go of the steering wheel it sits to the left by about 30 degrees. Also I have noticed that my FRONT and REAR tyres on the N/S are wearing more quickly on the OUTSIDE, although the rear is more pronounced (could be down to roundabouts, dunno)

The car was laser aligned in Cardiff aafter the work was done.

Yes, there was a slight difference in camber on the fronts (about 0.10 degrees) but both within range.

The rear however was a bit different, (-1.09 on N/S, -1.29 on O/S)

I had none of these problems before it was lowered or new bushes fitted.

What is to the blame - maybe the coilovers are different heights causing the pulling, is the rear to blame, or does the subframe need shifting?? I though lowering the rear has no impact on figures as it is fixed.

Any help appreciated

One thing that I would expect is that the camber of the front end will have changed - so I'd expect that the inside of the front wheels were getting scrubbed quickly. Any serious dropping of the car where simple strut suspension is fitted will suffer a camber change - be it coil-over or shortening the springs. In its basic standard form, there will be no way to correct this unless "track type" bits are fitted - but even then "track type" bits would always be designed to give a serious bit of camber to improve grip. You say that the car has been "checked" - but have they carried out a full four wheel alignment check, simply checking the front and then checking the rear is a crap way to do this, what is needed is checking the rear, then centering the front to the rear and equalising the front camber side to side. Any car must be set up to run "true" unless its used in somthing like an oval. As far as the pulling to one side, that should improve after the car is sorted out - but the Fabia VRS people seem to treat it as a trait!!

The rear camber differance side<>side, I believe can be sorted by fitting tapered shims - maybe search the Skoda Fabia forum (www.briskoda.net)

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise