40k (well, 45k) service - pricing?

Mewcenary

Mar 16, 2006
Farnham, Surrey
Hi,

I bought my Leon Cupra (not the "R") second hand, so this will be its first service.

From the log book, it was last serviced at 34k. This didn't seem to have been done at an official Seat dealer, however.

As a result, how much do you think I should expect to pay at 44k? The last service was last September or so, incidentally.

I've been quoted £305 inc VAT for a 40k service, which seems pretty high! This is from Kings in Portsmouth.

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
they are good.. real nice bunch of guys and seem to know what they are talking about.

The only slightly off thing ive had with them.. was i asked them to fit a new front splitter to my LCR when it went in for a new seat cover to be fitted... went to pick it up and they had allready caught it on a curb and hadnt said anything or offered to replace it.

I just left it, would of been more hastle to take the car back to have it done again.

Rob

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
Mewcenary said:
Hi,

I bought my Leon Cupra (not the "R") second hand, so this will be its first service.

From the log book, it was last serviced at 34k. This didn't seem to have been done at an official Seat dealer, however.

As a result, how much do you think I should expect to pay at 44k? The last service was last September or so, incidentally.

I've been quoted £305 inc VAT for a 40k service, which seems pretty high! This is from Kings in Portsmouth.

The last service at 34K was it the 3rd sevice? Conceivably it could have been the 4th or 40K so you wont need it again

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
its hard to know
ive worked out that mine has had the 10k service twice and the 30k by me (that was done at 23k)

went like this
10k done at 10k
next year car did 5k miles so thornes decided to just do the 10k again
23k brake fluid boiling and p/s about to pack up cos they hadnt been looked at
so now at 33k, i dont knw whether to get the 40k or the 30k again
nightmare i tell thee

good job i get all fluids changed by rule of thumb no matter what service

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
erm - even if your car only did 5k in its 2nd year - it should have had the 2nd year (20k) service !!

Just phone up & tell them you need a 4th year service !!

Mewcenary

Mar 16, 2006
Farnham, Surrey
I've checked the service book properly now.

Last service was at 34k, but was at an indy dealer and was only an Oil Change service.

Service before that was 25k, and was a 12 month inspection as well. And that was in April 2005.

So looks to me like it is time for a full 12 month service (which according to the service book, includes everything which is in the 10k oil change service).

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
ChrisUK said:
erm - even if your car only did 5k in its 2nd year - it should have had the 2nd year (20k) service !!

Just phone up & tell them you need a 4th year service !!

yes mate i know
was very annoyed when i found this out as my brake fluid had never been changed!!!!!!
ill discuss it with wherever it gets serviced this time, out of warranty now as well

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
Mewcenary said:
I've checked the service book properly now.

Last service was at 34k, but was at an indy dealer and was only an Oil Change service.

Service before that was 25k, and was a 12 month inspection as well. And that was in April 2005.

So looks to me like it is time for a full 12 month service (which according to the service book, includes everything which is in the 10k oil change service).

Implies you probably had a 20K or 2 year service in 2004. I think you should be looking to get the full 40K service. It is the most expensive but at least you know where you are for future services. Chances are you might need a brake fluid change - should be done every 2 years

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.