• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Aug 27, 2012
581
0
Maidstone, Kent
Hi,

I got a 2003 ibiza tdi sport today and it has th issue with th fuel gauge and coolant alarm

Does anyone happen to have any how to's for this at all or any pictures? Also what procedure should it be done in as I believe the immobiliser is in the clocks so I don't wanna cause any issues with this.

Many thanks,
Rob
 
do as search on here mate..plenty of tips.

the 6 dial clocks are well known for this problem..and others.

you have to strip the clocks right back to the circuit board and re solder the pins for the muti plug,as the joints go dry.
if the problem still persists then youll have to do what i did..and others did...change the clocks over.
i used fr tdi clocks...never had a problem since
 
do as search on here mate..plenty of tips.

the 6 dial clocks are well known for this problem..and others.

you have to strip the clocks right back to the circuit board and re solder the pins for the muti plug,as the joints go dry.
if the problem still persists then youll have to do what i did..and others did...change the clocks over.
i used fr tdi clocks...never had a problem since

I disconnected my battery about 20 mins ago will remove he clocks in a moment and have a go at sorting them, did you have to use vag tacho and match the immo keys?
 
when i fitted the new clocks i had a mate code them up using vagcom...he did the keys at the same time.

if your just taking your clocks out to re solder..you dont need to code anything back...just clip them back in
 
Just re-soldered the whole of the pins for the green block so hopefully that's cured it, just fitted the clocks will give it half hour then connect the battery and leave for another half hour and see if she fires up with a working gauge lol, fingers crossed!!
 
Looks like they will be back out tomorrow as the volt gauge now doesn't seem to be doing anything and the fuel gauge was still not working, althought the coolant light didn't come on or beep... So wondering if it was to do with how I put the needles back on lol
 
the volt guage is connected by a ribbon..so make sure you have clipped it in properly..and the right way round..
also make sure when you re-flowed the solder,that none are now touching eachother
 
Get it resoldered professionally. It just takes one nit dine properly and your back taking it out again. Plus if its not done properly it will rattle itself loose again.

Just get any computer repair shop to do it or something similar.
 
Well this is a strange one!

Before removing the clocks everything worked but the coolant level light would flash red now and again and I would lose the fuel gauge

After I removed the clocks and soldered everything I fitted the clocks back into the car... Left the car 20-30 mins then connected the battery... Left another 20-30 mins and then started the car to try it out

Only the rev counter and speedo worked! So I had enough and left it till the morning, went out to the car started it and everything worked like a charm and has done ever since now!