A £4000 mod for my LCR!

Mar 5, 2007
I can't believe you spent 4k on that plate dude. Not that it's a bad plate or anything, but 4k.

What you could spend on your car, or upgrading your car for that!

Cupra Iain

PSN : Jebus_1979
Feb 2, 2005
Cheltenham
I had R3VO U on my Cupra (revo u) and paid the grand sum of £250 including the transfer...

I could understand spunking that much if it was D3 ANO, or even D33 ANO, but D333 ANO just looks like a standard plate to most people, or at best one of those that go for £79 in the back of The Sun!

Each to their own though, if it makes you happy and you think it's worth the £££, that's all that counts!

A16NS V

Don't tell my boss
May 2, 2005
Middle-lands
It's funny how some people 'get' number plates and others don't.
The number plate I wanted is £64k (A1ANS) and I couldn't afford that so the one I got cost £250 with a bit more imagination.
Still didn't stop the 'wozit mean' questions. Some of my earthy colleagues thought it spelt Anus :blink:

PIC_0010.jpg

However, value is a separate percievable thing. I don't think the ones who have negatively commented are proffessional valuers of licence plates but they are giving an opinion of worth to them. I'd take credence, however, from getting into that magazine....unless they were also taking the pi55 :D

Cupra Duper

Jul 26, 2007
glad you happy with the plate. Think its a cool way to spend 4k.

Been thinking of getting another plate for a while but couldnt decide. Was going to get something like super for my old 205 which was going to be supercharged.

I have had the following plates both came on cars.

G00 818Y
AL 4 RUF

My dad has both of these now sitting on his off road jeeps. Think the AL 4 RUF is valuled about 2.5k.

Was going to put in on my leon but dont think it would look right.

This this guy is top for getting the plate he wanted.

Cupra Duper

Jul 26, 2007
G00 818Y was just for the GOO bit. The other one is A14RUF so it says A1 4 RUF as in All For Ruf.

like I said they came on cars so didnt pay for them.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
saw the write up on you and your plate in regtransferes.co.uk

I found a plate perfect for me FOW 11ER
however it turned out to be £47k
haha ouch!

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
That is alot of money for that plate, can't say it was worth anything near that compared to others I have seen but whatever makes you happy :)

I didn't realise until recently but in the USA you can have whatever plate you want. You think up a plate, check if it's registered and then pay your fee of around $60 I think it is.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I didn't realise until recently but in the USA you can have whatever plate you want. You think up a plate, check if it's registered and then pay your fee of around $60 I think it is.

They should introduce that over here. As long as it's unique and on a database it would be great. People wouldn't feel the need to space their plates or alter them as much. However I bet we would end up paying a lot more than the US. :(

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
i just think it`ll be easier and cheaper to change your name by deedpoll to that of the original number plate...

;)
X24 WVT :D

I've just spent nearly an hour reading through this, no one else came up with it but you!!! You swine!!

Exactly my answer - change your name by deedpoll to D333_ANO (don't forget the space!)

Can't believe it (mutter mutter...)

I don't like the idea of personalised numbers as I like the anonimity on the road.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
I know that this may sound totally contradictory, but one of my bikes has the reg number 110 OXX.

I paid £500 for it about 7 years ago - on top of the bike that it was already on.

At the time I wasn't quite sure whether to go with it or not, but went with it anyway.

I'm not bothered about it all, only one biker has ever said thats a cool number plate (must have been into plates). Anyone else that asks I just say it came with the bike. So friggin what, haven't had it valued, the next pillion bike will be another blackbird anyway, just not bothered.

JamJay

California Bound
Each to their own & if you are happy, who cares about others. But if I had £4k right now i'd have 2 weeks flat out in Los Angeles, a week in Las Vegas or dump a JDM Integra R engine in my honda in my quest for a 5second 0-60 Civic.

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Sorry mate, but they saw you coming... Maybe 4k for D3 ANO but even then its a waste of money.

You should of popped down to Halfords and got a strip for the top of the windscreen... you might even bogof deal for a second name :lol:

FA5T KAS

i wouldnt pay anything near that amount of money for a plate! Think mine was about £500......if i remember rightly, i had it as a gift. think my dad paid 4g for his plate though so their are other people out there silly enough lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.