A bit of help please :D

Matt22

Mar 7, 2011
Hi guys,

I should be buying myself a 56plate FR tdi in the near future, so I'm just looking into how to make it faster... already :p

I've had a bit of a search around but im totally new to the seat/vag scene so please bare with me :p

can someone lay out what the mods are for certain 'stages' of tuning?

from what i can see...

stage one - remap, dpf removed whats the score with this? seems to be an issue with it but cant find exactly what!)

stage two - whats else is needed? exhaust etc?

has anyone gone beyond this?

these cars seem to be more difficult to tune than my old 306 HDi... standard 90bhp, a bit of DIY work fitting an intercooler, bigger turbo, injectors, remap and a £380 clutch and i was at 165bhp, cost me about £600 in total!
now i've got a 180bhp 306 GTi-6... which is awesome fun, but too costly to run as i do 400+ miles a week and have a heavy foot!

so, just a bit of advice on what i need to be looking at would be great :)

I'd post some pics of what i'm hopefully buying.... but it wont let me untill i've had 15posts :( few details though;

56plate, under 60k miles, eibach springs, sadly a cat D but repaired and relected in the price, other than that it seems very tidy and a great spec :D

hopefully.... fingers crossed i can get the money this weekend! if not i have to wait 5wks for my dad to get home so he can lend me a bit :D

but yer, any advice would be very much appreciated! :)

Matt