A few pics of our track Motor (Not a Seat by the way)

slippy

Apr 29, 2003
North east teesside
Visit site
Thought I would post up a few pics of our track motor, it's a Westfield Megablade, very light weight and well set up car powered by a fireblade bike engine and it can embarass most things round a track. I await your comments, thoughts, questions and p*ss takes.

Mark got your PM sorry about that :redface:

RUSHPOOLwest007.jpg

eLVINGTON.jpg

Teesside002.jpg

Last edited:

Triple D

Ah yeah thats awsome, so good infact its invisible, i cant see it, check the links matey, to see if they work properly ;)

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I've always been interested in what gearbox and rear axle they use?

Built a westie with my brother some years ago. "Them were t'days"

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Not sure what axle it is but it has a LSD from a freelander and the box is just the stadard bike box coupled to a gear stick so it's sequential oh and you don't need a clutch on upshifts

Hmmm, with the engine placed that way, the output from the gearbox would be the right way round to drive a propshaft. Do you have reverse then?

slippy

Apr 29, 2003
North east teesside
Visit site
Hmmm, with the engine placed that way, the output from the gearbox would be the right way round to drive a propshaft. Do you have reverse then?

The reverse boxes from Westfield are expensive and heavy so we have a starter motor to give us reverse if needed, it sounds like a milk float but it does the job

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.