A mushroom air filter HALFORDS

Dillan G

Aug 9, 2009
Sittingbourne Kent
HI guys just brought my self a mushroom air filter from halffords to try and make my car louder .... just wondering how to fit it on .. i cant take of the plate from the engine .. i have a 1.2 seat ibiza 12v and cant see where the current air filter is to replace it with ?

has any one got any ideas ? anyone got the same product , if so isit worth it ?

Thanx

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i thought the 1.2 had the whole top cover as an airbox assy with the filter inside it ?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Did the experts at Halfrauds say it was the correct one for your engine?

What do the instructions on the packet say?

The Air filter on a 1.2 is built into the plastic engine cover.

Dillan G

Aug 9, 2009
Sittingbourne Kent
they said it was universal ... so they said if it doesnt fit on i can take it back ...

No instructions unfortunately .....

Ohh right so does this mean i cant put this on then ?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
^^^^not unless you are OK with fabricating a new air intake.

I think you can get a direct replacement panel filter but they don't make much extra noise.:no:

I guess you've just learned something about the people that work at Halfrauds eh?

Dillan G

Aug 9, 2009
Sittingbourne Kent
ahh man what do you think i should do then to make my car sound louder ?

yeh they dont have a clue .. but i have already asked on this forum if i should get one .. and every one said yes .. i told them what car i have so im guessing they know that it fits on ..im confused now what to do

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
yeh the whole of the engine is prety much covered does this mean i cant put on this air filter ?

As nath said, the filter is built into the plastic cover. you can get cone-style filters for the 1.2 but if you add one you will have to leave the cover off

btw to take the cover off, it just pops off at the bottom. it is tight but its fairly easy to take off

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.