A Pillar Trim Replacement

terry.h

Autoglass have kindly scratched 1 of the A pillar trims inside my Ibiza whilst replacing the windscreen.

They have said they will replace both trims (so they match) however I would like to know if it is an easy job to change these?

My concern is Autoglass will cause more damage when replacing them, so I'm hoping they're easy!

terry.h

They seem to go behind the dashboard, so I'm hoping they won't need to take that out to do it.

attila_tdi

Aug 2, 2009
Hampshire
I think it'll be ok. I heard autoglass use this special type of hacksaw to get them out. You can hardly tell after the filler has been applied;)

Sorry, being juvenile.

Nice of them to change both though. I'd imagine they'll do a good job, otherwise you have full right to get them to sort it out again.

terry.h

I heard autoglass use this special type of hacksaw to get them out
That'll be the same one they used to get the screen out! The reason they've also scuffed along the dashboard. It's not Autoglass sorting that out though, it's a company called Trimline.

Like you say, you would think they want to do a good job, but I thought that about the windscreen as well. It's more annoying all the time I have to spend trying to get it sorted out.

Aimez

think you just pull them from the top they are held in by clips I had to pull one out once.
Yes I had a glass company damage the plastic pins on the outside B pillar. His 'technical tool for trim removal' was jabbing it with a small screwdriver! And the guy complained the whole time I had called him out on a Sunday afternoon like i wanted to have a broken window and pay £70 excess:censored: