A quick wash with Zaino

Johnnyopolis

With all the bad weather we have been having recently including snow the leon has been looking a little worse for wear.

With a nice day arriving on Monday I took the opportunity to give her at least a quick wash.

To put you in the picture, when I got the Leon back in April me and Andy C spent an afternoon giving her some Zaino loving which included about 3 coats of Z-2 which I then topped up with Z-8.

Over the last few months this has been about it. I have been using Z-8 up until it started to get a little colder then I opted for CS. The car already had in my eyes plenty of protection on it so the CS simply acted as a "transparent blanket" of protection in addition to what it already had. I could also go round the car in about 10 minutes and get the wheels and plastics done all at the same time (can you tell I like CS?).

Anyway onto Monday.

Here is a few pics of how the car was before I started.

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

As you can see it was pretty bad (for me anyway) so firstly I got a bucket of Z-7 and my wheel brushes and set to work cleaning those then onto the next stage of foaming the car.

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3210.jpg

Once this was done it was out with another bucket of Z-7 my sea sponge and a separate rinse bucket (not pictured, a bucket of plain water was too boring for me to photograph!)

IMG_3207.jpg

The 2 bucket method was used and then the vehicle was dried with a couple of the Alex @ SP Uber Drying Towels.

The main reason for this post though is because once it was dried and I stepped back and looked at it I was so impressed with how the Zaino had kept my car (yes I know I am biased lol) and what I had achieved in under an hour (take a look at the exif data) that I thought I would share it with the world.

Continued Below....

Hope you enjoyed the read :thumb:

Johnny

Johnnyopolis

Heres the finished pics.

All this in under an hour!!

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3222.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

IMG_3219.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

Johnny

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Top work fella.
Looks even better now. When will you get the 'newer' pics up?

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Nice one the J-Man, she's looking good, shame you went for the slow eco white ;)

I've been using Z-CS since August, applied it bank holiday weekend & have used Z-8 when I wash her down to bling her up, went the whole of Nov with out a wash & when I did, Oh my, did she look good.

Z-CS is just the best material for long life I have used, better than Collinite IMO, & due to its sheeting/beading abilities, you get less water marks.

3months & about 8,000 miles later [B)]

P1040411.jpg

Its expensive, but arent all the good things in life

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
That looks spot on Johnny, I've yet to try my sample of Z7, but if I get similar results I'll be splashing out myself.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.