AA insurance that came withe the LCR

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Does anyone know what the 4 year AA cover that came with the LCR in around 2004 actually covers? Or was it a dealer bonus and know one knows!

Im trying to find some information on it as my mondeo broke down this morning and the girl on the phone was about much use as a chocolate tea pot.

Just wonderi8ng if it was full comprehensive etc or if not can it be upgraded or do I need to sign up for a decent package?

Its going to be one of those days!

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I'm sure its one of those Corporate deals that the car company does with the breakdown company.

Probably only valid for the SEAT car itself, and roadside fix or tow to a garage. When our old Ibiza 1.2S wouldn't start at home one morning the AA wouldn't come out to it so we had to tow it into town as they wouldn't do home start.

Not sure if you can upgrade it as its based on the car, not you.

Only got 2yrs with my new LCR in April 05. Had 4 years on the old one and on the Ibiza FR TDi :cry:

V5Ade

I love my LCR!
Aug 26, 2004
Guildford
The cover I got was for the Leon only (so anyone could be driving car). That's been the same for all VAG cars I have had from new.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I got 5 years cover with my Ibiza and afailk it's equivalent to the Option 400 cover. If you're looking around for your own, then Greenflag are supposed to be ok and pretty cheap.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Well they wont do any deal for me seeing as i alreday have a policy with them. Which i thought wa sa bit harsh. So looks like im going to go with the RAC as there about £40 cheaper for the same cover and because i used to be a member there willing to give a further discount! plus they will cover me rather than just the car

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
My dad works for the NHS, wonder if i can use his discount.

I work for EADS Astrium, as a design engineer.

What about unions? Im part of Amicus if there on there?

jedi knight

BIG AND BOUNCY
Jun 18, 2004
West Midlands
Scotty_b said:
My dad works for the NHS, wonder if i can use his discount.

I work for EADS Astrium, as a design engineer.

What about unions? Im part of Amicus if there on there?

will have a look in abit, busy with calls :cry:

coops

Nov 11, 2002
area 51
Visit site
on my o3 lcr it had 5yrs european breakdown cover including homestart and home return as standard. I was led to believe that this is standard throughout the VAG range as my company passat 54 plate has the same?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.