Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
Well, recent month has seen my engine bay get a bit spent on it

DSCF0134Medium.jpg

DSCF0133Medium.jpg

DSCF0132Medium.jpg

First of all what do you all think?

NOW, the narrative
ive been forced to finally ditch my engine cover as the N75 and d/v sit alot higher and with the s3 brace it fouls like mad (plus ive lost all but 2 cover clips as well).
The top vac d/v hose you'll see has a few layers of tape on it-the engine cover was rubbing on this and started to wear the pipe-nowhere near enough to split the vac line.

My Questions are........

1)can i replace this vac line to d/v easily-anyone done it and know the diameter best suited

2) what else can i replace aside from the coolant hoses, as they are on the list now forge have released them

Cheers

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I always thought you could fit those hoses and keep the engine cover? Seems a shame to lose it, as I think the impact the hoses make are lost somehow without the cover, as everything looks much 'busier'.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
was ok until i fitted the TIP
makes the d/v and n75 sit alot higher and since having the brace on it was rubbing the engine cover anyway
just no way it will go on anymore

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I wonder if this relates to the other recent posts on fitting the TIP, where people had to cut one end down a bit to make it fit? Might make sense as if you cut one end, the other will sit lower.

All this is slightly worrying to be honest, as I'm looking at buying a Forge TIP!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
not heard of cutting the tip, wouldnt fancy that to be honest

spoken of cutting the inlet to smic hose-a few of us have had to this to get it to fit

neil

Jan 3, 2002
Grimston
Visit site
Had the same trouble with mine , phoned Forge up and they said it was ok to cut the connection pipes for the 2 valves down a little bit . I also fitted some small spacers underneath the mounting points for the engine cover which raised it up about 5mm .
neil

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
cheers for that neil, dont suppose you have a pick
raising the engine cover would help, but not much as it already fouls on my s3 strut brace

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.