Advice for Leon TDI drivers

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
But your making it something your not...hows that different to sticking a badge on? Lets be honest a lot of people do it for the LCR look....
In that context you have to discount all modding. My car handles better than an LCR and when remapped probably be faster than an LCR so if I stick an LCR bumper is that so bad?????......

Say the same thing to Robdon or Slick who have transformed their cars and they'd laugh at you. I dont mean any disrespect in what I am saying but when you mod and change things then adding an LCR bumper makes sense in terms of performance and looks. HOWEVER if you got a 318i BMW and stick an M3 badge on it then thats wrong because your saying its something its not....

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
im keeping my standard bumpers on my tdi
i dont feel the need to imatate an lcr.
Yes however when you remap your car Stuart and it is as quick / handles as good as an FR TDI or better would you stick an LC bumper on it?

Let me rephrase, would you think its wrong to put an LC bumper on it?

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
:cartman:

There you go Maz, I'm laughing!! lol

Really, a badge is one think, putting on a better looking or better breathing front end is another thing... a badge costs pennies, the kit cost near 1k so in my eyes its not trying to be something else by a cheap stick on, it making it better.... otherwise, modding as a standard would be the same as sticking on a badge, your trying to improve your car what its not... like fitting HID's to your car Nathino, your just copying a BMW lights... can see, its better the car when you change the appreance, but a badge isnt changing anything...

stuart86

Mar 14, 2006
West London
www.britishmods.com
Yes however when you remap your car Stuart and it is as quick / handles as good as an FR TDI or better would you stick an LC bumper on it?

Let me rephrase, would you think its wrong to put an LC bumper on it?

i dont agree or disagree with bumpers

i prefer the lcr kit if im honest

but ive been there/done that with the whole spending **** loads of money on cars, so personally im leaving my bumpers as they are :)

i wouldnt agree with a sticker tho
i.e i would not put a cupra r badge on my tdi

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex

Really, a badge is one think, putting on a better looking or better breathing front end is another thing... a badge costs pennies, the kit cost near 1k so in my eyes its not trying to be something else by a cheap stick on, it making it better.... otherwise, modding as a standard would be the same as sticking on a badge, your trying to improve your car what its not... like fitting HID's to your car Nathino, your just copying a BMW lights... can see, its better the car when you change the appreance, but a badge isnt changing anything...
:lol: I am glad you are rodger!

Now wheres robdon :p

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Just my opinion, no need to jump on me... :shrug: :blink:

If your car came from factory with them on thats fair enough. But i'm talking about 1.6/1.8 NA/TDI 110s etc that do it. Prey tell me what the difference is between badging and adding the kit for looks? Achieves the same thing, making people think its a model other than it is!

Same applies to Ibiza 1.2/1.4/2.0 being made to FR/Cupras, astras being made to look like SRis or Clios to look like 182s.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
i dont agree or disagree with bumpers

i prefer the lcr kit if im honest

but ive been there/done that with the whole spending **** loads of money on cars, so personally im leaving my bumpers as they are :)

i wouldnt agree with a sticker tho
i.e i would not put a cupra r badge on my tdi
but if it was £1 and your car handled and went like a TDI cupra would you do it?

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Debadged my recently after someone removed my T badge (to make the word T W A T on the rear of their Nova). And since then, well.. all kinds of new doors have opened up for me.

(Well not exactly... but it looks very nice.) So yeh, I'd recommend a sever debadging.

My Cupra badge now rests on my front grille. Looks frickin' supreme.

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Debadged my recently after someone removed my T badge (to make the word T W A T on the rear of their Nova). And since then, well.. all kinds of new doors have opened up for me.

(Well not exactly... but it looks very nice.) So yeh, I'd recommend a sever debadging.

My Cupra badge now rests on my front grille. Looks frickin' supreme.

Is there a pic?

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk

No i'm not copying BMW lights as they are OEM units with different bulbs. If they were angel eyes i'd agree but they're not. Can't really compare the too, can you....