Advice needed on Clutch, DMF and hoses

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Thank you all again for that...

So I am now in the process of getting quotes for a new clutch, DMS (I am told that my car has one of those ( MY04 TDI)) and a remap...

I have also been advised that it would be a good idea to change all the hoses as well...

So black, yellow or cos it's my fave..... Purple?

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com

So I am now in the process of getting quotes for a new clutch, DMS (I am told that my car has one of those ( MY04 TDI)) and a remap...

I have also been advised that it would be a good idea to change all the hoses as well...

Purple and yellow would look interesting!

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland

Its a DMF, dual mass flywheel. ;)

I think purple would look good. RickC on this forum has an extremely purple Leon, colour coded everything. I'll see if I can find a picture.

EDIT: Here ya go: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=198458&highlight=lcr+project

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Purple and yellow are complimentary colours so would look great - go on you know you want to !! Would look positively sexual with some shiny bits too :redface:

Nyteshade

Is it dark yet?
Feb 1, 2005
Satan's Layby
Its a DMF, dual mass flywheel. ;)

I think purple would look good. RickC on this forum has an extremely purple Leon, colour coded everything. I'll see if I can find a picture.

EDIT: Here ya go: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=198458&highlight=lcr+project

Opps that is what I meant... :redface:

What worries me is that I keep getting told these things and they could be talking about anything.. hence the threads here to check if I am being given the right information.

So far best quote is about £1400 does that sound about right?

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Standard clutch - £150
DMF - £250/300

labour - 4 hours

Pipework kit for a PD150 is around £350 IIRC
Labour - 2 hours

Remap £300 or thereabouts

1100ish on parts and 300 on labour? £50 an hour inc vat?

Doesn't sound too bad - where have you been quoted :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.