Aero Wiper Arms Help!

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
Hi, hope you can help!

I've got all the parts from VW and was hoping to get this installed yesterday.

Unfortunately the furthest i got was taking the nuts off. I've sprayed the thread with WD40 and left for some time. The old wiper arms just wont budge. Im worried about putting too much force onto it also which doesn't help the situation...
:(

can anyone advise?

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
right i've had another bash and still no luck. no matter what it wont come off. i've stood there rocking the arm left and right (as told to do by a vw dealer) and it wont budge. i've tried what the write up above states too...

failing another attempt im going to sell the parts as the current wipers are driving me nuts. they make so much noise!

please help!!!! :(

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
When you put the passenger side arm on have it a little higher than usual as the blade doesn't touch the screen in the normal position;). Or but i wouln't recommend it is cut the blade down i think this looks awful:headhurt:

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
When you put the passenger side arm on have it a little higher than usual as the blade doesn't touch the screen in the normal position;). Or but i wouln't recommend it is cut the blade down i think this looks awful:headhurt:

i've sourced a shorter blade so fingers crossed i wont have to cut or set anything higher.

me being impatient and not wanting to wait for the order to come through the post, will this one be fine?

040211427.jpg

others i've seen look like claws but this should do the same job?

thanks!

brendanb1801

Leon... Gone
Aug 20, 2007
hi. are the wipers you have bought the mk4 golf ones? did u get the arms and blades? how much did they cost?

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
hi. are the wipers you have bought the mk4 golf ones? did u get the arms and blades? how much did they cost?

hey,

i got the arms MK4 from a vw dealer (mates rates) and then the blades from wiperblades.co.uk

drivers blade is 21 inches and passenger 19 inches. the guide does not state what size vw will supply even though they are different part numbers.

im hoping i wont have a problem, but if i do i'll just keep the passenger part slightly higher.

brendanb1801

Leon... Gone
Aug 20, 2007
yeh i heard bout these blades but i dont like the metal arms. rusty and noisy.

i heard that with the mk4 blades you have to chop a bit off the end of the passenger side?

richellis

Feb 29, 2008
Cannock
yea I took about an inch off, I took the end off, trimed it down and stuck it back on. Looks OE. Am looking into an 18" blade for next time.
As for getting the arms off I used lots of wd40 and patience. It shifted after lots of spray and wiggleing.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
You can just set the passenger side blade to rest a little higher than the current one and you won't need to cut anything. It only sits about an inch higher and is neater than cutting and sticking! That's what I did with mine - the full MKIV Golf setup.

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
so what is supposed to be wrong with the existing arms? Yes the blades on the conversion kit do not sit perfectly (same as when you swap arms and blades) but they do a very good job still, imo.

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
I can see the difference from the pics but cant say I've noticed the arms in my own car :shrug:. I do sit very low so perhaps they are out of my line of site :D

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Get some penetrating fluid ie plus gas and leave it overnight. takes some wiggling as all do but come off in the end. you have the arm in the up position like when you wash the car right? as otherwise the spring holds tension on the spindle

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members