Aero Wiper Upgrade Set

Cupraloon

Fitted my aero wiper conversion today vw part # 1J2 998 002, what a revelation, I can actually see where I'm going now....

When i ordered these yesterday the guy at my local vw dealer said "these are very good I got some on my car and their brilliant, you'll be impressed"

Yup I concur, they clear the screen so much better than the original wipers, even when they were new 12 months ago, they didn't clear water as well as these aero's do....

A result there me thinks, and all for less than £25.00 the pair, for genuine vw wipers..... :D

28-08-07_wiper-conv_02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

phil739

Mar 5, 2007
leicester
Fitted my aero wiper conversion today vw part # 1J2 998 002, what a revelation, I can actually see where I'm going now....

When i ordered these yesterday the guy at my local vw dealer said "these are very good I got some on my car and their brilliant, you'll be impressed"

Yup I concur, they clear the screen so much better than the original wipers, even when they were new 12 months ago, they didn't clear water as well as these aero's do....

A result there me thinks, and all for less than £25.00 the pair, for genuine vw wipers..... :D

the part number you quoted is that for a pair ...:confused:

phil739

Mar 5, 2007
leicester
fitted mine set of new front wipes today

top stuff and only 23.50 from vw ...

the guy in the parts department didnt even know about the conversion and was well inpressed himself when he saw them ......

kilobrown

Leon cupra R
Apr 17, 2007
west- lothian scotland
:lol: my local VW dealer had never heard of them either.........
But thats mine all fitted and for the small price of 24 pounds a bargain in my eyes.......... now for some rain too test them :p

phil739

Mar 5, 2007
leicester
by the looks of the weather , am sure we will all be able to test them this weekend

good old british summer ...!!!!!!!

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
just bought mine, VW Bristol didn't know about these either. There is a list on the packaging of other models they will fit. Good thinking by VW. Look much better than stock and as cheap as other manufacturers.

Spot on

JU5 2 SLY

Mike
Dec 12, 2006
Slough
Just fitted mine, ordered mine from VW Slough and had them the next day. Haven't fully tested them in the rain yet but did a cheeky dry wipe and they seem to be okay....
...BUT....
...has anyone noticed that the passenger side wiper doesn't make full contact at the end when it sits? Is this normal? Hope this wont make any whistling noises at speed. They look great otherwise from the outside and I just have to get used to them from the inside as it looks like they sit a little higher or maybe just because they are solid and don't have any frame work like the originals.
Can't wait till it rains.

murtagh_sean

Aug 2, 2007
Eglish, Co. Tyrone
So what would you guys say are the best front and the best rear wipers??? Heard quite a few different types in this thread...Aero, Fabia, Toureg so what one's should i get??

Cheers!!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
So what would you guys say are the best front and the best rear wipers??? Heard quite a few different types in this thread...Aero, Fabia, Toureg so what one's should i get??

Cheers!!

Depends on what looks you like, they are all an improvement over standard. I have Aero conversion front and Fabia rear.