Air bag light after Re-map??

Yorkshire Bob

Feb 7, 2010
I had my SE TDI re-mapped by Angel Tuning, all's great but after he did it the AIRBAG light wouldn't go off on the dash, i spoke to a friend of mine who works for the RAC and he advised me that if any impact did occur the AIRBAG wouldn't deploy, now here's my dillema, it's only taken him four weeks to get the ruddy equipment to reset the "forced error code," now, if he resets this "code" will my AIRBAG deploy or is it still going to have this fault and just not show the error light or is it going to sort it? I really need to know because if they've shafted my car i'll be expecting some sort of a rebate on what i payed! Your advice as always is appreciated!

Cheers,

Bob

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
On some vag cars you need to remove the dash panel fuse in order to deactivate the immobiliser and access the ecu to carry out the programing, the only down side is that it brings an airbag fault up - as a proffesional tuning company i would have though angel would have known this and have the equipment to sort it out.

Any faults occuring after a remap is down to poor workmanship and bad practice but most code readers should be able to erase the fault and re-activate your airbags, i'd take it to a seat dealer, have them erase the fault then send the bill to angel tuning.

Yorkshire Bob

Feb 7, 2010
trust me, that's what i want to do, however i haven't got a house to re-mortgage to get said work done, i have told them i want it done by Monday the 29/03/2010 but their only reply was that they did have the "bit" they needed to re-activate the airbags but they are "a little busy at the moment" to fix the problem, if it isn't done by the date i have set (which is 31 days after the job was done) i will demand a full refund and keep the map! I'm glad you said about the poor workmanship, i thought it was just me being in arse! :)

Yorkshire Bob

Feb 7, 2010
i think the VAG-COM was what he was waiting for, i'm just worried he's permenantly buggered my car! Funny thing is, he lives at the bottom of my street, so when he starts moving out i'll start worrying more!:)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Bollocks. He will have VAGCOM all the time, otherwise how can he check that your car is OK post remap? Oh yeah... he didn't.

He's fobbing you off.

Yorkshire Bob

Feb 7, 2010
Mork, what tests would he have done first? Would i have seen him doing them? I was with him all the way through it, what should i do? Demand my money back and go somewhere else? I should have gone some where else in the first place! DOH!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Minimum diagnostics before, to make sure all is well, diagnostics after reflash, diagnostics after test drive.

That way you get your car back the way you started, hopefully faster.

Yorkshire Bob

Feb 7, 2010
Great, so that's a No, No and er...NO, **** it i'm going to have big chats with them on Monday, much appreciated Mork, anything important i should know or really need to include in my sermon?

Yorkshire Bob

Feb 7, 2010
I spoke to the guy on the phone on Monday, the violins came out about being so busy, apparently he was awaiting on a new VAG-COM, it came but with no instructions, the list is endless, my advice it to steer well clear of these guys, pay the extra and go somewhere else, the only thing they are missing is a Stetson and some spurs! Yeeehaaa!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
yeah, sounds like you were strung along.

VAG-COM is not hard to use, especially if you've used it before.

Yorkshire Bob

Feb 7, 2010
Ok, so it's all sorted finally, Spoke to the boss up country last week and explained how annoyed i was regarding the after sale service, he organised a guy called Tom to pop down and take a look, finaly getting somewhere, it turns out Tom designed the map and when he got to my home he sorted the problem in five minutes, i have to say i'm alot happier, the air-bag light has gone and is driving like a dream, everybody's entitled to their own opinion but where ever you go, it's so worth getting the TDI re-mapped, even if just to wind up the minions in SAXOs :)