Air Con too warm!

POB

Going nowhere slowly...
Feb 12, 2008
Newtownards, County Down
Hi guys, i've just noticed that my air con is no longer cold! Its a 140 2006 stylance so still under warranty. If seremotors reads this I bought it from Seat on Boucher Road! Is this covered under warranty before I take it to be serviced (as they can sometimes deviate from the truth!) . Can you give me some top tips to go at them with as I read that they may just say it needs regassed????
Cheers!!

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
kwik fit will gas it for free if its not more than 5 degrees colder when they re gas it or something like that, and that way you could see if you have a leak etc, also i dont think aircon is covered in warranty only the parts.

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Hi guys, i've just noticed that my air con is no longer cold! Its a 140 2006 stylance so still under warranty. If seremotors reads this I bought it from Seat on Boucher Road! Is this covered under warranty before I take it to be serviced (as they can sometimes deviate from the truth!) . Can you give me some top tips to go at them with as I read that they may just say it needs regassed????
Cheers!!

Proper diagnosis is necessary before anyone can say whats wrong for sure. Regas is classed as routine maintenance by every manufacturer but the alhambra a/c issues are well documented - common faults include condenser, pump, fractured pipes, faulty control panel etc etc
As with any dealer, we are bound by the terms of the warranty and the owner is liable for any costs not borne by the warranty company.
I suggest an attempt to regas first of all (not necessarily by us - go with the Kwik Fit offer, its cracking ;)) then if the fault is not cured get a proper diagnosis.
Two very important things to bear in mind - not all warranties include a/c cover, and any SEAT dealer will charge £60 an hour bare minimum.
Hope this clarifies
ps I dont appreciate the comment about deviating from the truth :(

POB

Going nowhere slowly...
Feb 12, 2008
Newtownards, County Down
Seremotors
Thankyou for your advice. I went to kwik fit and they charged £49 for a regas and debug. The diagnostics showed a low oil and gas pressure and more importantly no leaks! The temp before regas was 14.1c and afterwards was 7.8c so so far so good. Its booked for main service next week so time will tell I suppose!!
My comment about the 'deviating' from the truth was aimed at Seat in Boucher road not yourselves! I have had plenty of dealings with yourselves from a service perspective with my other used Seat and have found you all to be 1st class:)!
Thanks once again!!
Paul

POB

Going nowhere slowly...
Feb 12, 2008
Newtownards, County Down
Gutted!
Driving home tonight and put a digital thermometer in the grill for about 30mins on 'lo'. Temp didnt drop below 14c. Back to square one but at least we have ruled out the regas issue. Bugger! Hope Seat sort this one out.......Will keep you posted on this episode!!

2006 140bhp stylance:cry:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members