Air horns!

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
Oh yea!!!!! Our mini is due to have these fitted and what better way to give it some companionship by having the cupra done at the same time! Is there any space for this under a cupra hood?

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
oh my god while we're here does anybody else AVOID hitting their horn at all costs because it sounds SO cruddy??? mine sounds like it belongs on an old school renault 5 or something

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
It needs to be done. I think they are quality! Cheesy but insane!

I don't use my horn as its pathetic.....

But is there any space under the bonnet to put these things in?

sparcoracer87

Yeh I replaced mine last weekend because the horn was letting the car down. fitted Twin Tone horns :D

Red Rum

Using "the fuel of Satan"
Jun 29, 2007
Durham
Its more use whistling than blowing the horn in a beezer. Ye wont look as limp wristed either:gay:

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
But a horn is different to air horns. Im wanting the ones that play musical things, like the godfather and other stuff.

bizzaboy

oh my god while we're here does anybody else AVOID hitting their horn at all costs because it sounds SO cruddy??? mine sounds like it belongs on an old school renault 5 or something

Hey - HEYYY ! Don't knock the 'old school' Renault 5's - my previous car was a Renault 5 GT Turbo, and I can tell you one thing, it WAS faster that most cars on here! ...0 - 60 reached in 6 1/2 secs, VERY rapid cars, at a fraction of the price of an FR or Cupra. ;)

Mine was driven daily and in 2 years... NO, I never once had the mythical "engine blowing up" experience (before anyone asks). :p

Regarding the OE Ibiza horn - totally agree. Infact it has been other people that have commented on the weakness of the horn! lol.
How about the Dukes of Hazzard horn style! That'll get their attention! :D ;)

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
Hey - HEYYY ! Don't knock the 'old school' Renault 5's - my previous car was a Renault 5 GT Turbo, and I can tell you one thing, it WAS faster that most cars on here! ...0 - 60 reached in 6 1/2 secs, VERY rapid cars, at a fraction of the price of an FR or Cupra. ;)

Mine was driven daily and in 2 years... NO, I never once had the mythical "engine blowing up" experience (before anyone asks). :p

Regarding the OE Ibiza horn - totally agree. Infact it has been other people that have commented on the weakness of the horn! lol.
How about the Dukes of Hazzard horn style! That'll get their attention! :D ;)

:lol:thats what i want in the cupra! 45 quid!

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall

i didn't mean THAT kind of renault 5 - i meant the sort you'd find nowadays in france, being driven by it's original owner who happens to be 90 ;)

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
nope. they said to me it was fine when they tested it. Can replace for an audi one i think......but back to the main point, will air horns fit under my bonnet? lol!

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
nope. they said to me it was fine when they tested it. Can replace for an audi one i think......but back to the main point, will air horns fit under my bonnet? lol!

i've er, been out with a tape measure and erm, no? :p:p

it is pretty tight under there though!

bizzaboy

FR-Rush - A number of peeps have installed Audi / TT Horn.
As you would expect, alot louder and alot more "manly" sounding.

PauliePaul - All cool mate, I gathered thats what you meant ;)

ettlz

Sep 21, 2006
Nope. Standard horn once saved my life on a two-lane motorway when a lorry driver decided to start overtaking without checking his right flank...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members