Airbox differences

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hello!

I am currently looking for a 150PD airbox but as a lot of us derv people dont really do CAI installs they are hard to come by. I was wondering is the 1.8T and the Cupra R airboxes the same size. I have been told that the MAF plug size is different but you can get a converter to correct this? Is this possible and will it have side effects?

Any help is appreciated as always! :)

miniator

Jun 23, 2006
surely if your just looking the airbox the MAF doesnt come into play as its in the pipe leading to the turbo or watever.
unless the pipes are different sizes of course

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Easiest way to tell might be for someone to post up a part number of a genuine airbox to see if it matches?
I've got one in the shed, but i'm not selling it sorry. Can easily get the numbers for you if you require?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
surely if your just looking the airbox the MAF doesnt come into play as its in the pipe leading to the turbo or watever.
unless the pipes are different sizes of course
The MAF plugs into the airbox lid thats why I asked the question...

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Easiest way to tell might be for someone to post up a part number of a genuine airbox to see if it matches?
I've got one in the shed, but i'm not selling it sorry. Can easily get the numbers for you if you require?
Ideally! :)

Anyone?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands

miniator

Jun 23, 2006
The MAF plugs into the airbox lid thats why I asked the question...

i find that odd as mine doesnt, hence why i added my thoughts on the situation.

i also find it odd that VAG significantly the pd engines airbox/maf setup from the older Tdi like mine

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members