Aircon front zones issue

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Hi,
I’m having an issue with the driver side aircon zone vs the passenger side.

While the passenger side show ”100% temperature achieved” the driver side zone temp says ”45%…” an therefore heat one side and cool the other at the same time although the real temp is the same on both sides. It would make sense if there was a big temp difference but that’s not the case. I normally set the temp to 20-21 degrees and the zones are synced. Just guessing it’s a sensor issue that the dealer need to check.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I’m on sw1804, maybe solved by sw1896?

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Bumping this one since it’s getting worse when it’s hot outside. I will probably have to leave it at Cupra but would be interested to get some feedback here if possible since I’ve never had similar issues with other cars in the past.
Climate is always active and so is SYNC. I set temp to 19.5 degrees and after driving for a while drivers side (left) has 65% and passenger side has 100% achieved temp. Left vents blow hot air while right side blow cold air. In a small cabin it seems really strange to see that big difference in temp unless a sensor or something else is sending wrong information. I have seen even worse numbers (25%/100% on resp. side). That makes no sense to me at all. I would expect the opposite to happen, left side to blow cold air to lower (not raise) the temp!
I guess the only thing I can do is to leave it to Cupra (still under warranty so no issue), just interested to understand if I’m the only one.

Attachments

• 6FB45FCE-4D34-490E-91AD-4F30E3DEE142.jpeg
    6FB45FCE-4D34-490E-91AD-4F30E3DEE142.jpeg
    396.7 KB · Views: 124

David930212

Jul 22, 2021
Funny enough , I'm having exactly the same issue. On really hot days the temperature achieved goes only up to 65%. However this is for both passenger and driver side. I had a chat with the guys at Cupra they told me to make sure it's all set to manual and not auto. I don't see a massive difference but got a service booked in a few weeks .

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Funny enough , I'm having exactly the same issue. On really hot days the temperature achieved goes only up to 65%. However this is for both passenger and driver side. I had a chat with the guys at Cupra they told me to make sure it's all set to manual and not auto. I don't see a massive difference but got a service booked in a few weeks .
I’ve also booked mine (August) for Cupra to analyze it but it has worked as better the past two days, 100% on both sides and blowing same temp of air through all vents. Actually too cold air and showing 100% all the time from start to stop of driving, so probably not correct. As I was about to park on my drive way this evening it suddenly started to blow hot air on driver side and display a rapidly decreasing percentage on that side while blowing hot air…I didn’t change anything…
Appreciate your update after service!

AndyRBL

May 14, 2020
What was the symptoms of your AC unit ?
Just a sudden wailing noise like it was dying. my whole car was a mess.. got the aircon unit, electric motor, infotainment system switched for new ones.
aircon works better now however, still other problems:
- vibration at speeds higher than 80kmh - not the ones caused by misalignment and stuff. just poor design
- infotainment system is a mess, freezes, buggy
- if I switch from electric to hybrid, electric doesn't work anymore for a few minutes so it runs only on petrol.
- 360 cameras are the worst quality imaginable
Almost 4 months in the shop and I'm just tired of reporting issues that they don't know how to fix - so to avoid taking the car back they say it's "running as intended".
Just got a OBDeleven to enable wireless apple carplay, because for some reason for CUPRA it doesn't work here.. for Audi and Skoda and the rest it does.
My opinion if you can sell it without loosing money or give it back, do it.

David930212

Jul 22, 2021
Just a sudden wailing noise like it was dying. my whole car was a mess.. got the aircon unit, electric motor, infotainment system switched for new ones.
aircon works better now however, still other problems:
- vibration at speeds higher than 80kmh - not the ones caused by misalignment and stuff. just poor design
- infotainment system is a mess, freezes, buggy
- if I switch from electric to hybrid, electric doesn't work anymore for a few minutes so it runs only on petrol.
- 360 cameras are the worst quality imaginable
Almost 4 months in the shop and I'm just tired of reporting issues that they don't know how to fix - so to avoid taking the car back they say it's "running as intended".
Just got a OBDeleven to enable wireless apple carplay, because for some reason for CUPRA it doesn't work here.. for Audi and Skoda and the rest it does.
My opinion if you can sell it without loosing money or give it back, do it.
Oh wow , I think it's time you make an official complaint to Cupra HQ and seek for compensation. This should have never left the factory with so many issues .

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
I will do , at this point it must be a sensor issue . Hopefully they are able to diagnose the issue.
Did you have the car checked for the aircon issue yet?
Mine will be diagnosed on Friday, so it would be great understanding if there’s a known issue beforehand.

David930212

Jul 22, 2021
Well , a week before the service was due , magically the aircon started working and no issues so far. The pump noise has also disappeared which i could hear when driving (near the brakes). Spoke to the service technician and he also advised me not to leave it on auto. Typical after months of suffering, the issue disappeard.

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Well , a week before the service was due , magically the aircon started working and no issues so far. The pump noise has also disappeared which i could hear when driving (near the brakes). Spoke to the service technician and he also advised me not to leave it on auto. Typical after months of suffering, the issue disappeard.
Thanks for the update.
Hm, we probably don’t have the same issue. In my case it’s the aircon not being able to maintain the same airtemp on both sides of the car. I can clearly feel different airtemps in left/right vents. Sometimes big difference but sometimes no difference.
Advise not to use Auto is just strange, makes no sense to me, but lets see what the diagnose will tell.

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Hi,
I’m having an issue with the driver side aircon zone vs the passenger side.

While the passenger side show ”100% temperature achieved” the driver side zone temp says ”45%…” an therefore heat one side and cool the other at the same time although the real temp is the same on both sides. It would make sense if there was a big temp difference but that’s not the case. I normally set the temp to 20-21 degrees and the zones are synced. Just guessing it’s a sensor issue that the dealer need to check.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I’m on sw1804, maybe solved by sw1896?
I’m so frustrated right now. Had the car in for a diagnose yesterday. Result: all good according to the master tech.
I told them I can’t accept that. The left hand side just push hot air while right side works as expected. Set left side to LO and it still blows hot air… I can start the car with both sides on 100% achieved temp. Driving without changing anything I see how left side drops quickly (within 2 mins) to 40-50% and that makes total sense since it push hot air on that side!
Case is still open and will need a deeper investigation. Don’t believe they spent 4h on the car as I was told or that there’s just 1 degree difference on both sides. The difference is HUGE. It’s really cold resp. hot.
Also a bit surprised I seem to be one of few with this issue. Had a Golf 7 R previously, worked perfectly at all times.
VZ310 MY22.

David930212

Jul 22, 2021
I had the exact same issue but
I’m so frustrated right now. Had the car in for a diagnose yesterday. Result: all good according to the master tech.
I told them I can’t accept that. The left hand side just push hot air while right side works as expected. Set left side to LO and it still blows hot air… I can start the car with both sides on 100% achieved temp. Driving without changing anything I see how left side drops quickly (within 2 mins) to 40-50% and that makes total sense since it push hot air on that side!
Case is still open and will need a deeper investigation. Don’t believe they spent 4h on the car as I was told or that there’s just 1 degree difference on both sides. The difference is HUGE. It’s really cold resp. hot.
Also a bit surprised I seem to be one of few with this issue. Had a Golf 7 R previously, worked perfectly at all times.
VZ310 MY22.

David930212

Jul 22, 2021
Might be a silly question but have you tried turning Auto off and checked the result? I think it's time to drop a note to the head office for a complaint and you seek some compensation !

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Might be a silly question but have you tried turning Auto off and checked the result? I think it's time to drop a note to the head office for a complaint and you seek some compensation !
Yes, I tried that too (as you were advised) but there’s no difference. As I mentioned to you before, it’s a strange advise since Auto should work. Why else have it?
Also tried to run it with Sync disabled but no changed there either.
Just drove the car at 20 degrees on both sides but had to close the left side vents since I couldn’t handle the heat anymore.

As a side note; I told them I had removed the engine cover myself and placed it for them in the trunk. Guess what I found in the trunk after the visit when I came home…the engine cover…but they at least had the removal noted for Cupra. 👏

David930212

Jul 22, 2021

Yes, I tried that too (as you were advised) but there’s no difference. As I mentioned to you before, it’s a strange advise since Auto should work. Why else have it?
Also tried to run it with Sync disabled but no changed there either.
Just drove the car at 20 degrees on both sides but had to close the left side vents since I couldn’t handle the heat anymore.

As a side note; I told them I had removed the engine cover myself and placed it for them in the trunk. Guess what I found in the trunk after the visit when I came home…the engine cover…but they at least had the removal noted for Cupra.

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Went to the dealer now and got a sales person to sit in the car.
He just said ”This ain’t right!” after he tried to change temps, Auto on/off and Sync on/off and he will write to the garage about it so I have hopes that they will take a closer look at it.

Sorry for all the posts on something which hopefully not too many will experience but will update for those who might once I have it fixed.

Reactions: David930212
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise