All season tyres

Nov 15, 2021
The front tyres on my Ibiza are at 2mm and rear at 3mm, so I’m thinking about replacing all four.
For this I’m wondering if it could be a good idea to get all season tyres, what are peoples thoughts if you’ve had all season tyres?
Also, do you know if I need to replace the spare tyre or if it would be ok to fit the standard spare in an emergency.
Thanks,
Ryan

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
OK to keep spare.

I have been using Michelin Cross Climate 2s since October last year & I can definitely recommend them.

Compared witb the Bridgestones they replaced they are quieter, better ride & more grip on cold, wet roads. Also so far, wear seems less.grip & braking in the dry is at least as good if not better. Not cheap though. I got a good deal from my usual tyre supplier & Michelin were giving £50 cash back on a set of 4 tyres.

Reactions: ryan5520

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I’m running PS4Ss all round at the moment on my Leon Cupra 280 DSG. I would like to swap to winter tyres, or all season tyres but, unfortunately, I have no where to store my PS4Ss. What can I do? Winter here in the Midlands can be brutal.

Nov 15, 2021
OK to keep spare.

I have been using Michelin Cross Climate 2s since October last year & I can definitely recommend them.

Compared witb the Bridgestones they replaced they are quieter, better ride & more grip on cold, wet roads. Also so far, wear seems less.grip & braking in the dry is at least as good if not better. Not cheap though. I got a good deal from my usual tyre supplier & Michelin were giving £50 cash back on a set of 4 tyres.
Thank you! Pricewise I think we’re talking £50 extra per tyre so may be worth it if they’re as good as they have been for you! Do you think the standard spare would be ok to put on with them in an emergency then?

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Yes spare OK in an emergency. I used my space saver for 25 miles (at 50mph or less with my earlier Nokian winter tyres) on a cold February evening. Space saver on rear nearside. In my opinion always better to always have spacesaver on rear.

Reactions: ryan5520
Nov 15, 2021
Yes spare OK in an emergency. I used my space saver for 25 miles (at 50mph or less with my earlier Nokian winter tyres) on a cold February evening. Space saver on rear nearside. In my opinion always better to always have spacesaver on rear.
Thank you for all the advice! Now booked in for four Michelin cross climate 2’s tomorrow!

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I spoke to Kwik Fit and they said not to bother with winter tyres, and to see how I go with my current tyres… 🤨

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I spoke to Kwik Fit and they said not to bother with winter tyres, and to see how I go with my current tyres… 🤨
Its rarely cold enough in this country for winter tyres.

I had all seasons last winter and they were beneficial for maybe 1 day 🤣

All they did was cost more and burn off very quickly in the spring.

Won't be getting them again

Reactions: H Rafiq

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
But you didn't intend to fit winter tyres! Michelin CC2s are all-season tyres - better than summer tyres in temperatures below 7C but not quite as good as a top quality full winter tyre. However CC2s are definitely better than than a full winter tyre in higher temperatures, although not quite as good as a quality summer tyre.

In other words CC2s are a compromise. Up to you to decide whether that is what you want.

Having changed from summer to winter tyres & back for years I decided, that for me, CC2s were worthwhile when both my sets of tyres were needing replacement.

Anyone want a set of silver 7x17 5x112 5-spoke Dezent wheels for Leon, Golf, Octavia, etc.?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise