Alloy wheel Colour desicion!

May 22, 2009
South Wales
Hey, I have decided to get my wheels refurbished and wondering if anyone have any ideas or pics of what colour their alloys are! i have Audi TT comp alloys are they are currently black on my black car. since i have put my standard FR alloys back on i am thinking i want a lighter colour - maybe a gunmetal grey or dark silver!

Any ideas?

cheers

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
Hey, I have decided to get my wheels refurbished and wondering if anyone have any ideas or pics of what colour their alloys are! i have Audi TT comp alloys are they are currently black on my black car. since i have put my standard FR alloys back on i am thinking i want a lighter colour - maybe a gunmetal grey or dark silver!

Any ideas?

cheers

gunmetal gray (anthrecite) looks the nuts on black, look at damoegans for example, black cupra with anthrecite cupra rims, looks great imo, you painting the TT comp or the FR alloys?? tt comps would look sweet in gunmetal

Deleted member 13581

I think you should put them really light silver.

Rash's car has standard Cupra wheels painted a lighter colour and they looked huge on the car. Really fill the arch and contrast the dark of the car itself.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
seen a few now in black, and i'm loving the idea of White wheels on a black car.

Personally i don;t really like full black wheels on cars unless they are yellow or white, the trouble is they makle the tyres look duff or sometimes on certain wheels can make the wheel smaller.

Thats why i will always go for Anthracite wheels. This is the colour i had on my old car and is what i am having my current ones done in when i need new tyres ( cheaper to have new tyres at same time as having them refinished as they give a discount.....lol

IMG_2655.jpg

May 22, 2009
South Wales
i am refurbing the tt alloys! i am hoping that they fit over my seat sport brakes! was going to get new wheels but cant really afford them!

they were a fiat grafite black before but this cold weather has taken its effect on them and the sprey job isnt looking the best! with them black i found keeping the tyres black almost impossible so not going back to black!

i was thinking anthricite with mayb an added reflex silver to brighten them up a little bit!

Wat ya think??

cheers!

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
seen a few now in black, and i'm loving the idea of White wheels on a black car.

Personally i don;t really like full black wheels on cars unless they are yellow or white, the trouble is they makle the tyres look duff or sometimes on certain wheels can make the wheel smaller.

Thats why i will always go for Anthracite wheels. This is the colour i had on my old car and is what i am having my current ones done in when i need new tyres ( cheaper to have new tyres at same time as having them refinished as they give a discount.....lol

IMG_2655.jpg

thats the colour i want, is it classed as anthrecite? or gunmetal gray?

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
thats the colour i want, is it classed as anthrecite? or gunmetal gray?

it was classified as Renault Clio Anthracite.

Looks lighter in the pics, but is really nice. I'm having that on my red one too. Lepsoms done mine for info, worked out about 45 per wheel, but worth it,

May 22, 2009
South Wales
i bet! i am living in the country and i think they will get too dirty all the time! has he got the mirror covers white too? mayb look good with the seat badge white also! a mate of mine has done it on is audi a3 - looks sweet!

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
Id personally go for a untinted silver (brightest you can get your hands on) It makes the wheels look bigger and just looks more classy IMO.

Dion!

i kno what u mean, i like anthrecite but....dark wheels take the look and shape away from them, hard to desypher what they look like, silver does look nice n clean

May 22, 2009
South Wales
i ended deciding go with a gun metal grey! it is the same colour as the honey cone grill on the facefit bumpers - which mine is so happy days!

i had a look at black ibiza with the 6 spokes in reflex silver and to b honest there is too much metal on the wheel to make look subtle> it just takes your eyes away from the car if you get!

i have gone with VW titan grey or summit like! will post pics nxt week!

cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.