Another MFD3 question

mordzy

Right dudes,

I have bought a MFD3 of shedbay. got the antennas on the way.

i have a code stuck on the top. figure this is the security code. however i dont think the map dvd is in the drive.

can you buy or get a backup from somewhere?

Thanks

Alex

images

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
should be plug and play, and the maps will no doubt be on the hard drive.

wait till you install it to see whats on there before parting with any more hard earned.

Last edited:

mordzy

ok , its plug and play, only some **** continental tunes on the hdd.

i have downloaded a torrent of the V4 maps. its an Alcohol MFD file format (iso) which i have burnt to disc but it doesn't work.

does anyone know were i can get a copy of the maps (v3 or v4) that work. the ship in the sea was were i got my v4 torrent from. on the burnt dvd the folders are empty.

thanks for the help.

mordzy

oks, i renamed the file to DMG on my mac and burnt with toast. works fine.

how do i copy the maps to the unit. cant find an option anywere... i can here the hdd fraggin away. does it just copy then spit the DVD out with no prompts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wilfrid Maximus

hi mates! could please anyone tell me how to load music onto the HDD?having RNS and USB option i can use only cdc\dvds and usb music while HDD is inactive. HDD title is grey in the Media menu.does HDD need activation via vagcom or other service device?have no rns manual and found no info in other posts.
Thanks!

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
oks, i renamed the file to DMG on my mac and burnt with toast. works fine.

how do i copy the maps to the unit. cant find an option anywere... i can here the hdd fraggin away. does it just copy then spit the DVD out with no prompts?

Just put the DVD in, should start copying and will eject when done - takes around 50 mins IIRC :)

hammie2k

Mar 4, 2009
hi mates! could please anyone tell me how to load music onto the HDD?having RNS and USB option i can use only cdc\dvds and usb music while HDD is inactive. HDD title is grey in the Media menu.does HDD need activation via vagcom or other service device?have no rns manual and found no info in other posts.
Thanks!

You just need to select it from say the CD and one of the options from the folder type icon next to is is copy. This moves it to the HDD

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Thanks!

The easiest way I find is put all of your Music on a CD/DVD in mp3 format create a folder named music - put the CD/Dvd into the unit, navigate to the folder, select the small square to the right of the folder and one of the options will be 'copy' - that will copy the folder onto your hard drive, and once you have some data on there (not counting maps) you'll find that the HDD option is not greyed out :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.