anybody got R32 Brake setup????

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
Hi people,

I managed to get hold of a pair of front calipers and discs from a mk4 golf R32 :) :)

Only problem is which pads to put in :( :(

Ive checked allover and it doesn't look like anybody did a performance pad for the R32,

also looked on ebay and found that some suppliers say that the Passat uses the same pad

as the R32 and some say they are different :confused: :confused:

hopefully somebody with lots of knowledge will come along and point me in the right

direction :) :)

Hopefully.............................

bobbarley

Do EBC not stock anything that will fit? Sorry mate, forum won't let me post links as I have less than 15 posts :doh: Balance Motorsports stock R32 pads though.

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
Andrew, yes these brakes are quite big and heavy but wouldn't of thought it would have any impact on the performance, managed to get solve the pad problem by the way, not that it was a problem just my stupidity :blink: :blink: ended up getting HPS pads which get a warm welcome from the R32 forums, 75 notes a set not bad compared to EBC red which cost the same (ish) but arn't as good.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
coca did u have any trouble fitting these after , just got myself a set now

whats the best thing to do with them before / while fitting , upgrade the hoses ?? better fluid

cheers

im also looking for bigger rears any suggestions

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
Andrew

havn't got round to fitting them yet as the pads which i wanted never turned up so did a load more research and decided to go with HPS pads instead.

as for the rears i have gone with the 256mm vented rears like the cupr r and s3 etc etc. some people say its not worth it but definitley recon it is, it seems to stop the front end nose diving which can't be a bad thing in my eyes, as for the hoses i think i'm going to look into braded hoses but need to find out if connection from leon brake pipe r32 caliper is the same, i think it should be but can't really see any problem with leaving the standard hose on anyway as it comes like that on r32's

Dave

Jun 1, 2007
im runing fornt and rear R32 brakes on my polo using 17" prorace alloys et38 you can run 17" but you might have to use some spacers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members