Anybody with a 2001 Ibiza Cupra pls help...

si360

Aug 7, 2006
If anyone has a 2001 Ibiza cupra, could they be really helpful and check how much gas goes in the air-con system? (apparently there should be a small sticker on the slam panel with a weight in grams/lbs) i cant find the sticker on my car so any help would be much appriciated!

bellautos

750-800 grams type R134a

And 135ml of oil

really whoever is doing it should know this from there machine

Last edited by a moderator:

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
si360 said:
Im doing it myself and don't work for Seat

Hopefully you know what your doing and not just using those cans of gas you can buy over the counter? And presumably you know all about drawing a vacuum in the system for at least 30mins before filling with gas?

gmjgreg7

Hi si360,

whats up with the a/c why are you changing the canister? Its just that I had a problem with mine - smelt pretty nasty but worked ok - which was resolved by changing the pollen filter and using some a/c cleaner that I bought from Halfords... don't know if that's any help to you.

-Greg

si360

Aug 7, 2006
Thanks greg, i cleaned the pollen filter and re-gassed it, seems alot better now.

Yes beaker i do know how to re-gas cars, im in the motor trade. Wouldn't waste my money on cans of gas or wateva they are, no point doing half a job is ther?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.