anyone running an IHI???

caveo

Im looking into a IHI turbo convertion from jbs on my lc has any one done this and whats the power / drivability like , im told ill be lookin at 300 BHPish with fuelin n coolin upgrades plus what iv already got???? little help???:confused:

C11PRH

ive got the full ihi kit sat in myhouse, getting it fitted after xmas , so would be keen to hear about this too . i opted for thepro alloy fmic over theforge one as apparently even forge say theirs struggles to keep up? and was hoping for a 3 inch exhaust etc , but opted for themilltech 2.5 in the end .

Ianb

Nov 13, 2003
ive got the full ihi kit sat in myhouse, getting it fitted after xmas , so would be keen to hear about this too . i opted for thepro alloy fmic over theforge one as apparently even forge say theirs struggles to keep up? and was hoping for a 3 inch exhaust etc , but opted for themilltech 2.5 in the end .

Since when has Forge said that??...they recommend their FMIC for the APR Stage 3 + kit that I run...works fine

Ian

C11PRH

i cant fully remember where i read it , but pretty sure it was on here somewhere. hence the question mark after words . maybe they said it was fully maxxed out with the ihi ? barnsley, can you tell ushow the car drives/pulls etc? ive strippedmine out and got plexi windows etc , ineed to lose weight for track days, and theres a few ihi ibizas in my area that are a lot lighter with the samepower :whistle:

caveo

if the forge can cope with the huge garret gt30 im sure it can cope with the ihi , no-ones told me how it runs yet and wot theyd recamend with it ?

Jun 1, 2007
im running a jabba setup she pulls well to say im on 20s
were are you based caveo might be able to show u ow she runs but im not striped out need to keep my seats for the baby

caveo

im at worksop m8 , iv ad a quote from jbs for ihi kit with 4 bar pump , regulator and injectors with the forge fmic taking it to over 300 bhp . im trying to get em down a bit and even asked if any one can beat it but i cant see it as theyre throwing in custom code phase 3

Jun 1, 2007
my m8 had is ibiza done the with cc3 they only mapped it at 290 as the said it will need a set of rods to take it over 300

think i might be at exhausts uk in sheff on sat

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
I've also got a JBS kit sitting at home. I'm fitting it myself so probably a bit cheaper for me. Just waiting on a few more silicone bends from forge, but they are out of black at the mo :-(

I've already got a 4bar pump and regulator fitted. I went for USRT injectors. I'll be happy with 300bhp on the nose. I'm running the boost factory sidemount IC currently. Have to see how I get on with that one.

JBS_IHI_KIT_600x450.jpg

I'll post pics when I fit it.

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
im running ihi , 300bhp is a bit understated , im running 341 and carlisle pete is running 341 as well , im looking to get 360 when the r32 throttle body , monster inlet and snow performance and 3" downpipe are on

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
Nice numbers.
I don't think I'll get any near those figures with mine. My turbo has the P18 turbine housing.

caveo

im coming a bit short with the cash would it be ok if i had it done with out the fmic until the summer ( april time )

Ianb

Nov 13, 2003
My APR kit is running 345bhp and 330lbs.
I have recently sold the Neupeed FMIC after researching I now run the Forge FMIC.

This is a superb package is well proven and the exhaust manifold comes with a lifetime warranty.....a bit more expensive but a well proven and well engineered kit. They have been running this kit in US for some years.

Excellent early smooth spool...from just over 2k and interchageable power options via cruise control.

Runs like a dream and is super quick

Ian

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.