Anyone seen my old car - blue IHI'd cupra

SPS

Krazy Cupra Kid
Apr 2, 2002
cambridge
Visit site
hey people

just wondered if anyone has seen my old car around - it was a blue IHI'd ibiza cupra with white comp MO's - not jabbas on but look similar - was an 02 plate

last i saw it was on ebay - and he had messed up the box and clutch

anyone?

cheers

SPS

Krazy Cupra Kid
Apr 2, 2002
cambridge
Visit site
yeah - it was costing an arm and a leg to keep it running right - had it IHI'd for about a year but was off the road for like 6 months - gearbox twice - downpipe, water injection - list kept goin - had to sell it - was the best car i've been owned - just wasnt reliable enough

think i might be comin back to the dark side and gettin a cupra TDI - not sure tho - travellin the world at the mo so not on my list till summer

hows your car goin - any teethin problems?

shane

RobertW

Nov 14, 2005
Scotland
http://www.strathycruise.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=50967

would this be the one?????

wulliesibiza.jpg

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
SPS said:
yeah - it was costing an arm and a leg to keep it running right - had it IHI'd for about a year but was off the road for like 6 months - gearbox twice - downpipe, water injection - list kept goin - had to sell it - was the best car i've been owned - just wasnt reliable enough

think i might be comin back to the dark side and gettin a cupra TDI - not sure tho - travellin the world at the mo so not on my list till summer

hows your car goin - any teethin problems?

shane

Just a cracked downpipe that was repaired under warranty, still on stock clutch and g-box after 15k IHI and 57k in total, i have had the odd stat and maf but nothing i could blame on IHI really, so its been cheap motoring for me with IHI, just lucky i guess.

SPS

Krazy Cupra Kid
Apr 2, 2002
cambridge
Visit site
yep thats her - the power looks to be down on when i sold her - was runnin about 350? - not sure - but thanks for findin pics - brings back a few memories - she was a fast car

shane

CustardCupra

Feb 2, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
Bargain @9k.
Seems well down on power tho'.
Was thinking of selling mine, but if 10k for a pukka one is all they go for i will be keeping it .
Only had a Gasket failure (DP)and 5 mafs fail on mine shane in 13 months of IHI.(5kmiles)
Gasket was replaced Gratis by Jabba and 2 MAFS were warrenty at the stealers.

Still on std gearbox and clutch too( can't be trying hard enough)

So far its been cheap supercar motoring.

SPS

Krazy Cupra Kid
Apr 2, 2002
cambridge
Visit site
yeah u must try harder - i gave mine stick all the time tho - thats why clutch lasted 3 weeks - gearbox went twice - 2 diffs - downpipe - think thats a common prob along with MAF's i had to get a new one as well

yeah 9K is cheap think i sold it for 11K with 40000 miles of which i think 10 odd were IHI'd

need a very large wallet for one of these cars - just couldnt afford her

Cupra 200bhp

Yeah he still has it SPS, im considering buying it if i get my car sold in next couple of weeks! Once i get it im going to get it on the rollers and see what sort of bhp figures its coming out with. Not sure if boost was turned down when he had it RR'd. The reason it is for sale for 9k was he needs cash to put deposit down on house, he is doing the unthinkable and moving in with his girlfriend

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise