Anyone seen that new Millers Diesel Sport 4 additive for sale?

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
I would say not worth paper it written on!! homogeneous fuel delivery!! it doesn't stay like that after the magnets (if the magnets even homogeneously line up the fuel molecules) i would bet!!

FerrariStu

Scuderia Leona
Feb 15, 2007
Not stupid, just curious.

Does the testing plant have all the fuel formulas?

My tank might have a mixture of Shell, BP Ultimate & Morrisons in (It doesn't by the way) Would they be able to tell?

I'm looking forward to the answer to this question too :confused:

Motorsport testing of fuel is surely against an agreed formula (of fuel) and therefore can be tested for variations to it.

How can that work with numerous forecourt formulas, or is it that Fuel additives such as Millers contains elements not found in any fuel?

Jun 28, 2001
ive said my piece.
not a tech for nothing.
send off some fuel samples for yourself , one with addative one without pay for them to get tested and you tell me the answer:)
the basic ingredient is always there..
just will find the addatives.
just like other addatives can be detected.

Danny_FR

Soot? Meh...
Mar 1, 2007
Blackburn, Lancs
ive said my piece.
not a tech for nothing.
send off some fuel samples for yourself , one with addative one without pay for them to get tested and you tell me the answer:)
the basic ingredient is always there..
just will find the addatives.
just like other addatives can be detected.

I don't think anyone is diputing what you are saying but the issue is, how can testing differentuate between forecourt additives and Millers additive? How would you know if the fuel I've got in my tank has got contains Millers if every single fuel supplier already chucks loads of additives and cleaners in the fuel they sell?:confused:

Sending samples off to be tested is one thing but you simply can not tell who put the additives in there.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
I have heard that is they do a fuel test and addatives are found the the warranty is void

That is what is in dispute, how do they say "you have used additives, your warranty is void", how can they test the fuel that already contains additives from supplier, denial from owner about use means seat have to prove what was used and if it directly caused the fault?

woodyTDI

Jan 29, 2007
Essex
Gobe i think the guy was called made a post in a thread awhile back and thats what he said. ill see if i can find it

Kris

ESTATE! I'm Getting Old!
Nov 21, 2003
North Essex
Visit site
I always loved my millers. But I started to have problems with my engine cutting out. I am not saying it is the millers but when I stoped useing it my engine was fine.

(My car is a Mondeo TDCI) I think it may have cleaned some crap of the inside of the fuel system and caused a flow problem.

I am having a service soon (inc fuel filter) I will try it again after.

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
Just put my first lot it. I got the standard bottle and cost 8.89 Is that a reasonable price?
That's not a bad price for the standard stuff. The new stuff is a few quid more expensive.

FasterOnline are excellent for quick delivery - and their delivery is free too. The only downside with them is that you can't tell what delivery service they're going to use - my pet hate is firms that use courier services that only deliver during office hours, and then take it back to their depot somewhere on the other side of the galaxy and expect you to collect it from there. The solution, obviously, is to get it delivered to your work address instead, but I keep forgetting!

Last edited:

Lubi Lou

So then people.........what do we all think of DPS4?

Positives/Negatives using it.....

Experience?

What is the main purpose for using it? Eco/Performance/Noise/Cleaning?

What would you like to see in the next product?

Lubi Lou

Nick_J

Dec 18, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Ive used it for a year now, pretty much since i got my car.

Seems to work a treat, my fuel economy is rarely below 45, barely any smoke and, altho ive not run the car without the additive for long, the throttle response always seems to be very healthy.

Lubi Lou

You may see some more more power increase if you are using a new bottle ;)

Also, Halfords should be stocking these very very soon!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.