Anyone with a 40mm Drop Read This Please!

h1bbo

Since this thread has started up again. I was wondering what people make of the (ebay search, copy and paste)

NEW!!! COILOVER SEAT IBIZA 6K ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION

If anyone has used them I'd like to know what they thought, if not maybe i'll test them out, £200 is a waste if they're sh!t, but at least they're not fixed so none of this minus 15mm stuff to get the right set-up.

Cheers

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Dave - Might have seen this too late. I've got a brand new set of Eibach Pro springs that I have never used, fitted the fronts to the car and couldn't handle the drop so took em off again. Rears still in the placcie bags and all in the shiney box. For an idea, the fronts on the car with std 16" wheels meant you could just get your hand between the tyre and arch say a 20mm gap. I think that it was ~40mm drop as these are specifically for the Cupras or "models with sports suspension".
pm me if you want em for a sensible fee.

No thanks, I ended up buy Bilstein B14 coilovers and had the car corner weighted :)

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Since this thread has started up again. I was wondering what people make of the (ebay search, copy and paste)

NEW!!! COILOVER SEAT IBIZA 6K ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION

If anyone has used them I'd like to know what they thought, if not maybe i'll test them out, £200 is a waste if they're sh!t, but at least they're not fixed so none of this minus 15mm stuff to get the right set-up.

Cheers

If its the ones from Hottuning you are refering to then they are good for the money. I have just fitted a set to my mk2 last week. And they got me to the national meet and back and are alright so far.

h1bbo

Yeah that's the ones, my friend put some on a mondeo and said they where ok and that car lasted for about 4 years on them, till the rust ate the whole damn thing.

cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members