Anyone with a 40mm Drop Read This Please!

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Tractor stance?

we've all been there :D

On that subject... I made a start today :D

DSC00054.jpg

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Collies is it?

I'm going to order spax 60mm springs and go from there now, 60 - 15 = 45mm drop :whistle::confused:

Can't believe the trouble to get the Cupra Sport 40mm lower than standard, how come I've never heard of this before lmao!

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
iv been talking to a mate about this and he had the same problem years ago with his nova GSI he ended up on a 90mm drop which resulted in a 75mm drop!

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Well ordered the Spax this afternoon, just had another phone call... non in stock and they will have to be made up, taking 3 weeks!

Offered me some super sport ones which are the same as the spax but named up different... not to my fancy but could get them in 6 days!

I'm beginning it hate the Ibiza [:@]

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Dinks.. just remembered this thread.. been out and measured mine from arch to centre of rim (im on 15's)...

300mm Front

320mm rear.

Wondrin' now if i should have a lookabout for some 16's to see how they fill the arches.
:D

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Collies is it?

I'm going to order spax 60mm springs and go from there now, 60 - 15 = 45mm drop :whistle::confused:

Can't believe the trouble to get the Cupra Sport 40mm lower than standard, how come I've never heard of this before lmao!

Nope, spax fixed drop :D Used to be on Martin M's car.

40mm on the rear, haven't measured the front struts yet. Got the rear done today, fronts tomorrow.

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Get the measuring tape out! Wanna see that because the koni 40mm were actually 25mm :( So be good to know and a pic :rolleyes:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Tryin to think this tho over and over.

If the Cupra is 15mm lower than the 1.4 standard and the likes of koni, spax, etc... use the same springs on the both. Making it only a 25mm drop for the Cupra but really the both (1.4 and cupra) will sit at the same height, if not the Cupra would sit lower cos of the weight of the engine.

Anyone who measured the height is about 20mm lower than mine, I'm starting to think it's my fitting of them but I can't see where to the mistake could be made! :confused:

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
could it just be that yours is devoid of interior and hence lighter than standard? even with just the back seats removed, mine sits over 10mm higher than it would do! couple that with the fact brand new springs take a while to settle down too.

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Looks like its a love hate thing going on!there should be a differance in spring rates between the 1.4 and gti due to the weight! or so i was told

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
But would the lack of weight raise the car 20mm front and back compared to flappers, rich's etc.... When a full grown adult sits in the car (70-85kg) cars hardly drop much!

Rich you are right, I started arguing with koni about that..... stated the front axel load is more on the 16v than a 1.4 lmao, started getting techincal on their arse!

Rung Koni today and they finding out what the distance should be between the centre of the wheel to the arch with the springs I got.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
stick me in all times but mrs in front and two teens in back and i swear mine drops 1.5"

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.