Anyone with a 40mm Drop Read This Please!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Dave - stuck some pics in the album now if it helps

looking at your measure and mine it appears to be 35mm different which from an age old memory does sound a familiar number with eibachs

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Is there a link to your album? Remember what springs you got? Only eibach I can find is Pro Kit and that is just 20 or 25mm..... can't remember lol

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Found it!

Didn't know there was a album bit in the profiles now! After seeing them pics I would be happy with that, any idea what and where you got them from.... only eibach ones I can find are 25mm Pro Kit

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
sorry should have linked it up :doh: and it's 10 pics per album btw

couldn't tell ya the kit number sorry, acquired them new but shop soiled (box flooded) back in the Amethyst days nigh on 9/10 yrs now

stored em up as the boss wouldn't let me try em on our then demo cordie :) and as i hoard stuff i dragged em out about 2 years ago an stuck em on

might have settled down a little mind

Last edited:

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
dave, i have the spax ones on mine they were a 40mm drop but it said they were for the gti/tdi i think mine has gone lower than 40mm but iv not mesured, ill have a mesusure for you tho if you want!the spax are a realy hard ride though and you feel every twig!
heres a pic of after it was lowerd ill put some more pics up later

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
here you go
this is befor
Sidebefor-1.jpg

and this is after,
Sideafter.jpg

it is lower now due to is setteling and bedding in!

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
i do apoligise for the photo been on the side i rotated them on photobucket but coming out like this!

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Flapper is there no part number on the springs?

Rich..... same for you? I found spax lower the gti 40mm, 60/40mm and 60mm but for the 93-95 model but I'm not sure if a need to take 15mm off them figures. Where did you get them from?

Any chance you can measure from the centre of the wheel to the arch or if you got 16" alloys from the edge of the alloy to the arch???

Anyone else got anything good to say about Spax? I haven't really heard a lot about them good or bad

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
you'd think i would of thought of that in my job but i didnt :) sorry

wheels should be off tomorrow to try some calipers i've been itching to test - if i make it to the ramp ill check em all for codes etc

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
lol

We all have our blonde moments fella..... went to work this morning with my jumper back to front and my boxers inside out and back to front. Thats what happens when you get up at 5, having 4 hours sleep ad getting dressed in the dark!

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
gotta admit that Vario of yours looks sweet rich

i wonder if the struts on gti and others are different height spring platforms etc - mmmm

ill measure wheel centres to wing tomorrow too

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
cheers fl@pper looks better with the mk3 cupra rims on though,ill go have a messure for you now dave as i am running 16s

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I love the vario wanted one for a run around, the fiesta failed the mot with a lot of welding but just picked up a Mondeo ST200 for £600

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i'd do mine now too if i could find a tape measure got 7 of the damn things somewhere about

320mm front
325mm rear

just found the 'pink' toolkit i got my youngest for xmas :):)

Last edited:

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
rear is 53mm from top of the rim to the arch
front is 92mm from the top of the rim to the arch
hope thats ok for yu dave?i was dark so i maybe a few mm out but i was as acurate as could!

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
I love the vario wanted one for a run around, the fiesta failed the mot with a lot of welding but just picked up a Mondeo ST200 for £600

is it the st200 estate?the vario is awsome iv never driven a car thats better other than my mini

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
from the centre mine is 350mm front, 360mm rear.

Rich you a good 40mm lower than mine now on the front. You got anything in the back, subs, tools etc....?
Where did you get the spax springs from?

Last edited:

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
is it the st200 estate?the vario is awsome iv never driven a car thats better other than my mini

No it's the hatchback one, took it for a spin thru the lines.... I'm loving the V6 roar, would sound amazing with a filter BUT I told myself I'm not gonna touch it!

Maybe till the snot is back on the road hehe

Dave_R

Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Thanks a lot fellas for the information!! Specially when it's cold and wet outside (or is that just wales?)

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
cold but dry outside ya lucky - although mrs just rolled her eyes at me walking in with a torch and a pink measuring tape muttering something about 'I'm not gonna ask :)'