Ape's LCR225 Thread (Getting Back on the Road)

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
These boxes are renowned for it, isnt 3rd by any chance is it
If youre not in a rush you maybe able to get mine when i put the S3 box in with the engine rebuild

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Gsf have 20% off batterys inc bosch s4's ordering off line iirc

And 10% off if you print a voucher off and go in

If that helps at all

I got my Bosch S4 from Eurocarparts for £53.00 over Christmas. AH=60, ColdCrank=540. Great batt for the price. I would have had an S5 but it wasn't in stock... Positively, great to hear that your car is back on the road and is being driven. Minus the niggles, I hope you're enjoying driving the LCR again? Good times :)

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
That's cheap! Will look into it, thanks for the help fella's!

Just had a quick look James, was it this one? http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/S...e8b425373f5fdd5fa0a7519ebef667227261b4&000020

It sounds daft, but after so long of not driving it, I'm a bit nervous in it at the moment. Doesn't help that as soon as it comes on boost the wheels spin up, especially in this weather! I'll soon get used to it again and once the niggles have gone it'll be great again :D

Last edited:

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
That's cheap! Will look into it, thanks for the help fella's!

Just had a quick look James, was it this one? http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/S...e8b425373f5fdd5fa0a7519ebef667227261b4&000020

It sounds daft, but after so long of not driving it, I'm a bit nervous in it at the moment. Doesn't help that as soon as it comes on boost the wheels spin up, especially in this weather! I'll soon get used to it again and once the niggles have gone it'll be great again :D

Ad if it comes to eurocarparts mate there's a branch in Worcester that I just happen to work in and can sort you out a Bosch battery cheapish :)

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Really? That would be great! ECP are the cheapest so far for that battery, there's a discount code that reduces the battery James mentioned (Amp Hours: (Ah): 60AhCold Cranking Amp: (CCA): 540ccaLength: 242mmWidth: 175mmHeight: 175mm) for £48. If we can do better than that by coming to see you I'm all up for it dude! Muchos appreciated Amigo!

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
Battery is reserved Barney! I'm going to get my mop chopped and then I'll be over. Whether I'll be in the LCR or the Jetta is yet to be decided!

Ahhh mate im at tanworth today training for stuff. Alex will sort you out bid he's a good lad. Dammit!

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Damn! Ah well, I got the Battery, and on the way home the LCR decided it didn't want a Coilpack for Cylinder 4 so it proceeded to destroy it. I think it's teaching me a lesson for not using it for so long!

Still, new battery in, temporary coil pack fitted.... and the Porsche we've engine swapped / turbo conversion'd fired up a treat! Happy days!

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
That's the one buddy. They sell two types at Euro... Make sure you get this one, which has 60AH and 540ColdCrank; the other one is slightly lower spec'd. When I bought mine, I used discount code 'Battery 15' but it might of been a Christmas offer. Brilliant battery IMO. Fits perfectly too.

Cheers bud, that's the one I got. The current promo code is "all20" and gives 20% of all parts :D

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Cool. These coil packs are so tempramental. I'd had mine in storage from Oct and started it in Dec and cyclinder 2's coil pack had gone. They obviously don't do well sitting around in the damp... I invested in the 2.0TFSI coil pack conversion the other week. Runs sweetly :)