"Aretha" Ibiza Mk2 GTi Cupra Sport 8v *Small Update 02/04/12*

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Angel lights = changing your lights for candles :p

(ask claire aka beezertart, she'll back me up :) ) lol

and get a black splitter back on, the black/white contrast looks good :)

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
yes i do admit they arnt the best in the dark and as mine failed the mot due to the ice white bulbs they wernt the best but hey if u like em then keep em :D

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
I like them for now. And I forgot to ask the guy that sold it to me for the headlight (he gave the other to a mate). Dayum! For now, I think they look good, and they're ok at night. Need to be adjusted though. I really didn't think that I'd like them, but I've grown to like them. And as for a black and white theme, they're complementing that well! :p.

Cheers for all the comments guys! :)

Cheers Phil for the heads up on the cable front!

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Suraj - The exhaust is going eventually, when I find a Mk3 Cupra backbox. :)

Anyway! ...Today was spent cleaning the engine bay. Being a low mileage car, the engine was pretty decent anyway, not that dirty, and pretty easy to clean. The dirtiest being the gearbox and the washer fluid bottle! Pics as follows;

Befores;
DSC09245.jpg

DSC09244.jpg

Afters (got dark by the time I got round to taking any pics);
DSC09255.jpg

DSC09260.jpg

I also sprayed another badge from the frontend red, just toying with the Red/White theme (couldn't leave my tornado red Ibiza out of it completely :p) Here's a pic of it. It's grown on me today, as I've spent most of the day outside with it;
DSC09242.jpg

DSC09259.jpg

And the idiot himself (enjoying myself a bit too much);
12042011628.jpg

Pretty mundane little things done at the moment, just going through it with a fine comb, cleaning etc. Then it'll be off to the bodyshop for the arches etc :)

Last edited:

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Cheers guys! :)

Anyone got any ideas what this wire's for? :shrug:

Seems like a few similar go to sensors etc, can't find anything around the located area;
DSC09264.jpg

(I am well aware of that shoddy looking pipe alongside the bottom, if it leaks, I'll change the whole pipe)...

Last edited:

LMJ

May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
I washed the car today (save the wheels), and decided to finally clay bar her. The paint was reasonably clean, with the doors, lower halves of the car and the sills being most contaminated (no surprises there really)...

Anyway, some pics of my progress. Waiting on a Kestrel to turn up, but Royal Fail are taking their time!

Might be able to see the tar marks on the paint;
DSC05348.jpg

(Autoglym Rapid Detailer seen in the background), smely so sickly! Like bubblegum;
DSC05349.jpg

Results of one side done;
DSC05351.jpg

Roof done;
DSC05354.jpg

Anyway, you get the idea! :). More to come with the full detail! (Arun, I'm counting on you for help!)

Last edited: