Arosa Engine Code/Power Steering

pizzarepairman

Hi,

I'm a newbie here on behalf of my daughter who has just got an Arosa 1.0MPI. Unfortunately a pipe has corroded in the power steering and I need the engine code to get the right pipe.

Can anyone tell me where I can find this engine code, and is it easy to replace the power steering pipes?

Thanks all

RC

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
engine code should (in theory) be the first 3 letters in front of your engine number

check your logbook for the easiest place to find it

example : AER123456

*edit* forgot to add - never changed one but not too bad a job i would imagine, pressure side is usually banjo bolts/washers and normal hose clips for the return side, more the hardest part is actually removing it

Last edited:

grotmeister

Feb 23, 2007
I changed mine when I did the rebuild but I had the engine bay clear at the time. Its probably quite tricky getting to the steering rack connections with the engine in the way, will certainly have to be done from underneath. As fl@pper said getting them off is the hardest bit, the banjo bolts are made of aluminium or some other soft alloy so you need a perfect fitting socket. good luck

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
I once changed the 'flex hose' on mine and that was a bit of a mission at the time.

Went round the front end of the car and quite a beeatch to remove.

Got there in the end tho :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.