Arosa Sport 0-60 times

M.Farrar

I have just recently become the proud owner of a Y reg Seat
Arosa Sport. Since the engine all ready has 7k miles on it I dont need to worry about running it in and so I have been putting the pedal to the metal to see what kind of acceleration I can get out of it. The book states the 0-62 time at 10 secs but after flooring it myself I get the feeling it is quite a lot faster than this, once you hit about 4000 revs it goes like a rocket! So I was just wondering has anyone timed their 0-62 and is it faster than 10 secs?

The Mann

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by GZA
Havent timed myself but I know full well I can keep up with 1.8 and 2.0 8V golfs and also fiesta XR2's so what ever book times they are it is faster than them. I'm also running on 17's so that slow's me down a little.

Colin(GZA)

Hi there, I dont mean to be rude or anything, but coming from a golf background over to seat, I thought I would add my opinions on this.
I drive an 8 valve mk1 golf and the engine is well worn and completely standard.
I have raced an arosa sport and it no way "kept up" as u say. If you mean a MK3 golf 8 valve then maybe you "kept up" more as they are more heavy and a bit sluggish. But still, I doubt it yours being just a 1.4 16 valve and running 17s. Your 0-60 surely would be slower a little if anything.

Anyway just thought id add that with all due respect : )

Hi

Thanx for you input on that.

I am still yet to race a mk1. The 1.8 raced was a mk2 and the 2.0 was a mk3.

Both pulled up after racing each of them on seperate occasions and said that they a difficulty catching me at the end of the day though it is down to the driver.

I know full well that my 17 have slowed the 0-60 time down and if you read my post you would notice that it says that my 17's have slowed it down.

anyway catch you all later as I am going shopping in time square.

Colin(GZA)

davegeorge

Oct 28, 2001
SURREY
Visit site
Guys guys, dont start talkiing about "Racing" unless you are prepared to get on a track and compare lap times with other peoples cars, most road "races" are usually decided on who is the driver more prepared to take more risks, above all it is dangerous.

The Arosa sport weighs 946kg and has 100BHP, this gives approximatly 112 BHP per tonne, couple this average figure with the fact you have to make two gear changes to get to 60 mph and the 10 sec seems about right, my Sport seems about as quick to 60 as my old Peugeot 106 which also had 100bhp but weighed slightly less.

p.s i wasnt having a rant about "racing" but its a term which is thrown around too literally i think!!

DAVE

ModdedCars

Dave, 947kg's and 100bhp makes 107bhp ton mate :)
Thats what the Lupo Sport weighs.

Arosa Sport only weighs 907kg, giving 112bhp/ton.

And EVO Magazine clocked the Lupo Sport at 8.8 seconds to 60. The Arosa is a little lighter, so say about 8.5 to 60?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Be seeing you at Castle Combe on the 18th May then?
http://www.autometrix.co.uk

Racing is'nt neccessarily about taking risks either. Racing is best kept to a race track however where "most" of the time everyones travelling in the same direction :p

Bill

davegeorge

Oct 28, 2001
SURREY
Visit site
Matt, the weight of an Arosa Sport is 946 KG according to Seat Cupra.net....are they wrong?

And also i think the gearing must be different in the Lupo Sport because the book time in Evo for the Sport is only .5sec slower than your GTI, maybe the Sport Lupo has a longer 2nd gear that just touches 60? My mates 106 GTI was booked at just over 8 secs to 60 when launched and that figure was lowered a bit lkater on, our old 106 XSI's were booked at about 9.5 and the Arosa Sport is no quicker than my peugeot was mate, i think the book time of 9.8 is about spot on. Anyway far more revealing figure is 0-100 in my opinion.

ModdedCars

Dave, not sure, got my figure from EVO for the weight...but to get 112bhp/ton it would have to weigh 907kg's....unless 112bhp/ton is wrong.....

I'm not sure what EVO were doing when they did the tests early on, as they actually had the LupoGTi as being SLOWER to 60 than the Sport!!
And the GTi has been tested at 7.7 by a few magazines, which puts it at about 1.1 seconds quicker than the tested time of the Sport.

But like you say, times that are tested from rest aren't too realistic anyway, in-gear times are where its at.

The Mann

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
"And EVO Magazine clocked the Lupo Sport at 8.8 seconds to 60. The Arosa is a little lighter, so say about 8.5 to 60?"

Have i miss read this? Ive driven an arosa and know there is no way it does 60 in 8.5!!!! Youve got to be having a giraffe!?

ModdedCars

No idea .... its just the time EVO clocked in the car when they tested it. I assume they use proper equipment, they're hardly likely to do the "mate with a stopwatch" trick :)

Anyone car to get their car timed properly to sort this out???

davegeorge

Oct 28, 2001
SURREY
Visit site
I tnink matt was just thinking that the lupo sports time should the the same as the Arosa sport, things arent always that simple though, i saw a Skoda Octavia RS being booted away from some lights the other day and there is no way i would have even got close to that, they are booked at 7.9 same as the Ibiza as Colin said, 0-60 times usually come down when you only have to make 2 gear changes, unfortunatly the Arosa was blessed with a lovely set of close ratios.....however not a set optimized for 0-60 times!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise